DST - Hunter's perspective

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see that Rubio's bill to make daylight savings time permanent just passed the Senate and is on the way to the House. From a purely hunter or fisherman's viewpoint, do you like this change?

I do not like it because it will cut away from my before work hunts in the fall. Sunrise coming at 8:15 will really mess that up for me. Non-hunting reasons it will be great but not sure I like the change for outdoor pursuits. You guys that hate to get up early might really like it if this passes. :confused:

Thoughts?

Either way, I will adapt and not complaining about it. I am interested to see if others have the same perspective.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm all for it. I hate getting up early lol.
giphy.gif

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am all for it.

1. Those 2 time changes screw up my mind and body clock for 2 weeks. Not worth the other 50.

2. Not every State follows DST. I drove OTR for a while. They time changes were a royal PITA.

3. Clock is a way of keeping score. Do what you have to do, when you have to. Do what you want, when you can.

4. I worked 7-7. Without DST, I would rarely get home before dark. I am almost always up before the Sun.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure from a hunters perspective it will be great, unless you were a person who could hunt for an hour or two before work. I'm up early regardless of what's going on, hunting or not. Guess I'll just spend more of my morning in the dark lol.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally think it would be a great thing overall. I was reading somewhere that the entire moving clocks forward and back is not only antiquated, but also can be bad for your health. I'm gonna have to reread the article cause I can't remember why.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found it.

On the first Sunday in November, we will turn our clocks back an hour to end daylight saving time. While the "fall back" technically equates to a potential extra hour of sleep, the reset isn't so easy for our internal clocks – also known as our circadian rhythm.

In fact, this twice-a-year desynchronization of our body clocks has been linked to increased health risks such as depression, obesity, heart attack, cancer, and even car accidents.

https://utswmed.org/medblog/daylight-saving-time-sleep-health/

Latest posts

Top Bottom