Dubious & Insincere NYT Apology For Fast & Furious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh noes! They lost their apology! How sad! :(

Page Not Found
We’re sorry, we seem to have lost this page, but we don’t want to lose you.

Check the Archives. Most articles remain online for seven days after publication. Articles back to 1851 are available through The New York Times Article Archive. 1851 – present.
Report the broken link. If you clicked on a headline or other link on NYTimes.com, you can report the missing page.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives - perennially hogtied by the gun lobby’s power over Congress..............snip...............The hearing chairman, Representative Darrell Issa, rightly criticized the A.T.F.’s failure. But he cravenly insisted the hearing must not address the far larger problem of repairing the nation’s shoddy gun controls.

The Obama administration has had to resort to executive directive to circumvent the gun lobby and require border gun shops to begin reporting multiple-sale buyers of battlefield weapons. It is also important to note that for more than six years, the Senate has failed to confirm a permanent A.T.F. director as the gun lobby keeps the screws turned on the agency.

Congress is right to call the A.T.F. out for this inexcusable failure. A responsible Congress - one interested in more than just scoring political points against the A.T.F. and the White House - would restore the ban on selling assault weapons and ensure that the A.T.F. has strong leadership and the authority it needs to protect public safety.

That's no apology, it's yet another thinly veiled attack on gun rights in America. What would you expect from a trash "news" source like the NYT? :(

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A responsible Congress - one interested in more than just scoring political points against the A.T.F. and the White House - would restore the ban on selling assault weapons

Gotta love that that part.

WHAT ASSAULT WEAPONS?

So called assault weapons were never banned. There were some minor cosmetic features banned but assault weapons banned? NO - well at least not in most states and if one is a purist re: the real definition of assault weapon then none were banned anywhere anywhen.

What a load of left wing crap and the NY Times is the crap wagon.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep putting off an AR purchase but if "Assault Weapons" are looking like they will be banned then AR prices will sky rocket. I need to get in before its too late so I can be "grandfathered" :)

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's intersting that our only remaining national newspaper is reducable to politics. Science, history, art, these things mean nothing. POLITICS: That's all that matters. Knowledge is liberal. Best not to know anything about anything.
In my own anecdotal experience the people who are most chritical of the New York Times, are people who have never put their hands on it, or any other newspaper in their entire lives.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's intersting that our only remaining national newspaper is reducable to politics. Science, history, art, these things mean nothing. POLITICS: That's all that matters. Knowledge is liberal. Best not to know anything about anything.
In my own anecdotal experience the people who are most chritical of the New York Times, are people who have never put their hands on it, or any other newspaper in their entire lives.

I'm critical of it and I'll bet I have read as many if not more papers than you.I still fascinated that after countless high profile scandals,the nyt still survives.Rupert Murdoch should have talked to the nyt "handlers",maybe his paper would have survived.

Latest posts

Top Bottom