New Fast & Furious Bombshell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be truly shocked if Holder gets sacked....they think they are above reproach. Nobody has been fired yet, and no charges have been filed.

This^^^^
With libs it is all about intent. They're poster children for the contention that the end justifies the means. It is who they are; it is what they do.

BUT - at least they're doing it for our own good!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Issa says subpoenas are pending:

http://news.yahoo.com/issa-fast-furious-subpoenas-issued-soon-204241306.html

WASHINGTON (AP) - The chairman of the House oversight committee said Sunday that he could send subpoenas to the Obama administration as soon as this week over weapons lost amid the Mexican drug war.

Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., suggested on "Fox News Sunday" that Attorney General Eric Holder knew about the gun trafficking operation known as "Fast and Furious" earlier than he has acknowledged.

"Why are they denying knowing about something that they were briefed on?" Issa said. "Exactly when, the American people want to know, how did it happen?"

In the 2009 operation, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives allowed intermediaries for drug cartels to buy thousands of weapons from Arizona gun shops and lost track of about 1,400 of the 2,000 of those guns. Some of those weapons have been recovered at crime scenes in Mexico.

Operation Fast and Furious came to light after two assault rifles purchased by a now-indicted small-time buyer under scrutiny in the operation turned up at a shootout in Arizona where Customs and Border Protection agent Brian Terry was killed.

Earlier this year, Holder testified to Congress that he hadn't heard about the operation until early 2011. On Sunday, Issa said, "That's just disingenuous on its face."

In a letter sent Friday to key lawmakers who oversee Justice Department issues, Holder said his testimony was truthful and accurate and said Republicans are engaging in political posturing when they say otherwise.

"Such irresponsible and inflammatory rhetoric must be repudiated in the strongest possible terms," Holder said.

On Fox, Issa said President Barack Obama "still seems to have full confidence in Eric Holder - something I don't share."

Issa declined to join other Republicans who have called for the appointment of a special prosecutor to investigate Holder. "Congress is well along the way of investigating this operation to find out what went wrong, who knew it and what we have to do in the future to make sure it can't happen again," Issa said.

I'm not real happy with the last paragraph. Hopefully Holder will stick with the arrogance routine and it will happen anyway. :)

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And even more:

Fast and Furious weapons were found in Mexico cartel enforcer's home

[Broken External Image]

Torres Marrufo, also known as "the Jaguar," has been identified by U.S. authorities as the enforcer for Sinaloa cartel chieftain Joaquin "Chapo" Guzman. The Fast and Furious weapons were found at one of Torres Marrufo's homes April 30 when Mexican police inspected the property. It was unoccupied but "showed signs of recent activity," they said.

The basement had been converted into a gym with a wall covered with built-in mirrors. Behind the mirrors they found a hidden room with the Fast and Furious weapons and dozens more, including an antiaircraft machine gun, a sniper rifle and a grenade launcher.

Full Article

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The word "accountability" is no longer in the Washington D.C. dictionary. It has been replaced by terms like "spin", "stonewall" and "wag the dog." Our democracy is being undermined.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any criminal case (fantasy) in this matter would drag well into BHO's 2nd term, if he gets one. In any case, BHO isn't your typical pol. I'm not sure he'd even bother bailing his buddy out.
Hmm. I was young and paying more attention to what the girls were wearing, but how long did the Watergate fiasco drag out before Nixon resigned? Was it that long? One would think that something along the lines of impeachment at the very least could get done. In this case the evidence is circumstantial but it is a mountainous amount and growing by the day. And most important of all, people actually did die both here and across the border. Don't recall any of that happening in Nixon's case. I know damn good and well Obama knew about it. I say we impeach both Obama and Holder and follow that by prosecuting Holder for a plethora of conspiracy charges as icing on the cake.
Issa says subpoenas are pending:

I'm not real happy with the last paragraph. Hopefully Holder will stick with the arrogance routine and it will happen anyway. :)

Me neither (see above), I saw Grassley on the tube the other day and he would only state some BS like "get rid of the folks and fix it so this never happens again" (I paraphrased) when asked what they were going to do. I want a couple of heads on pike dammit!

Latest posts

Top Bottom