DV8 Dynamics custom slides STAY AWAY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike D

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all,

Wanted to drop a note about very negative experience I've had with company out of California by name of DV8 Dynamics. They advertise custom cut slides for most popular modern defense handguns. I was building a Glock 43 for edc, found DV8 Dynamics website with the Raptor One cut slide. Says it's their most popular. Well I paid $338 in April. Received confirmation that they had my order.

Then I waited....and waited. Site says for this model 6-7 weeks lead time. After 10 weeks I used their websites contact form to ask about it. No response. Another 3 weeks I sent them pm on their facebook page requesting cancellation. That was last Friday. Today I got person telling my how busy they were and that they had that posted on their site. He did offer to check status of my order. I've had enough of waiting and didnt appreciate any contact with first request so I told him just cancel my order. They replied that per their policy, an order started and canceled required 30% restocking or some such fee. This on there most popular style slide with no finish.

So, it looks to me like this company is not doing anything to ramp up production (since found complaints about LONG waits, no communications), and are now making money off builders and shooters becoming frustrated and handing them $100 just to be done with them. It's a shame cause slide looks great.

Mike.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sucks. Oddly I try to avoid doing business in CA about as much as I do with things made in other counties. This has happened to me with other companies and I call my credit card company and file a protest. I explain the breach of contact and let them know ill take the goods with confirmation of shipment. The company shouldn't charge your card until the goods are ready to ship anyway.
In your case the breach of contact is not meeting the agreed delivery time.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sucks. Oddly I try to avoid doing business in CA about as much as I do with things made in other counties. This has happened to me with other companies and I call my credit card company and file a protest. I explain the breach of contact and let them know ill take the goods with confirmation of shipment. The company shouldn't charge your card until the goods are ready to ship anyway.
In your case the breach of contact is not meeting the agreed delivery time.
Counties or countries? Breach of contract not contact. Spell chequer get ya?

Dougie B

New to the site!
Reaction score
As of February 9, 2022 they still have not resolved the protracted wait time/lack of communication issues. I had to flood their email inbox to get them to respond to my request for an ETA on my order. They claimed that none of my previous attempts to contact them, both via their "contact us" form and direct email, ever made it through to them, which just makes them look even more incompetent. Don't even bother with this company unless you feel like being severely irritated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom