E-Citation in Okla...never see the cops!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To dangerous for cops to pull people over?

Reminds me of a joke going around when the Air Force really started using drones: "The U.S. Air Force: Our pilots are so valuable, we invented a plane that doesn't need a pilot!"

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Theres just So much wrong with this.

Theres a town in PA i believe , the people have a class action lawsuit , one Judge said he was leaning towards giving theyre fines back, Plus court costs, and Barrister fees if involved.

I dont have a link

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tie it into the pike pass system. Sensor a is passed at a certian time, sensor b is passed a given time later. If driving faster than the speed limit a citation is issued to the account. Add cameras to it and you could show who was driving at the time. Do away with the piont system when some one is tagged in this way, and the account owners could take it up with the driver who caused the violation. Still have officers out and about to deal with the drunks, equipment defects, reckless drivers, and other issues.

I will remove the pike pass from my vehicle if that ever happens. I like pike pass for what it is, a faster way thru a toll, that's all it should be.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What village is McAffrey from? Because they need to put a leash on their idiot. :(

Just another typical liberal demoncrat. This from the net...

Al McAffrey was first elected to the Oklahoma Legislature in 2006 to serve in the House of Representatives. He was then elected to the State Senate in 2012 to represent Senate District 46, which covers part of Oklahoma County.

He currently serves as a member of the Appropriations Subcommittee on Public Safety and Judiciary along with the Finance, Public Safety, Rules and Transportation Committees.

A native Oklahoman who grew up in Sulphur, McAffrey is a veteran of the U.S. Navy, a former Oklahoma City police officer, and currently owns and operates OK Cremation and Mortuary Services. The father of three daughters, McAffrey also has nine grandchildren.

He is a member of the Choctaw Tribe and is involved in many community organizations including the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome Support Program Incorporated, Mesta Park Neighborhood Association, and the Oklahoma Funeral Directors Association. He also is a member of Saint Paul's Episcopalian Cathedral

Zip codes Represented •73102, 73103, 73106, 73108, 73109, 73117, 73118, 73119, and 73129

Oklahoma's first openly gay state senator, the 63-year-old McAffrey, a Democrat, beat Republican opponent Jason Reese with more than 66 percent of the vote, according to NewsOK.

"Al's election to the State Senate is another milestone for LGBT Oklahomans, and we are proud to support his campaign,” said Chuck Wolfe, president and CEO of the Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund, which had endorsed McAffrey. ”There are still a number of states that have never elected any openly LGBT state legislators, so Oklahoma can be proud that Al has been elected to both the House and the Senate.”

The Dallas Voice reports that McAffrey, a father of three, was elected to the Oklahoma House of Representatives in 2006, and easily won re-election in both 2008 and 2010. During his time in office, he was a leader on legislation supporting senior citizens, education issues and access to affordable health care.

"Tonight, the people of Senate District 46 have put their faith in me to represent them in our state legislature," McAffrey wrote on his official Facebook page. "I do not take their faith in me lightly or for granted. I am committed to fighting for the values that define our district: fairness, equality and moving Oklahoma forward."

A father of three, McAffrey has also been a "tireless advocate and supporter" of HIV/AIDS awareness, according to his website.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the 70's, if you were speeding on the Kansas turnpike they would write a ticket at the toll both where you got off. Your toll ticket had the time you got on and the time you got off, and the miles. Pretty easy math to see if a driver went over the speed limit.
It didn't go on very long, and I don't know why they quit.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It didn't go on very long, and I don't know why they quit.
I think the sudden uptick in the purchases of barrels of tar and chickens probably had something to do with it--or else they gave a ticket to a legislator. That'll usually do it.

As for the bill in question, the speed trap towns will love it--now they won't even have to pay for gasoline to generate their revenue. It's bills like this that make me think that legislator in Texas had the right idea about 20 years ago: the Texas legislature has to meet for ninety days every two years; he tried to invert that, so they'd meet for two days every ninety years...

Latest posts

Top Bottom