Earthquakes in Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're an idiot. Sorry. I couldn't help but say it. You really are though.

Actually I work for a geothermal heatpump company...

I thought maybe you have relatives or friends in the industry or something.
Maybe a royalty check.
You're fighting for oil in 2 threads right now.
You should get a check.

Now, what is your response to 2 neighbor states that eliminated their quake problem with regulation of injection wells?
You did watch the video right?

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought maybe you have relatives or friends in the industry or something.
Maybe a royalty check.
You're fighting for oil in 2 threads right now.
You should get a check.

Now, what is your response to 2 neighbor states that eliminated their quake problem with regulation of injection wells?
You did watch the video right?

I liken it to a being in a crowded room and smelling a fart. You can't blame everyone. Simply putting a moratorium on waste water injection is akin to banning guns because a few people are going around shooting people. You need to know exactly which ones(depths, target formation, hydrostatic pressure, injection rate). That is what OGS, USGS, OCC and the O&G industry in Oklahoma are doing. But yahoos like yourself want to keep preaching how big and bad oil is. RABBLE RABLLE

And no, I don't earn royalties. I do have an education in geology and geophysics.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liken it to a being in a crowded room and smelling a fart. You can't blame everyone. Simply putting a moratorium on waste water injection is akin to banning guns because a few people are going around shooting people. You need to know exactly which ones(depths, target formation, hydrostatic pressure, injection rate). That is what OGS, USGS, OCC and the O&G industry in Oklahoma are doing. But yahoos like yourself want to keep preaching how big and bad oil is. RABBLE RABLLE

And no, I don't earn royalties. I do have an education in geology and geophysics.

Well you obviously haven't read through the whole thread then.
I'm not a moratorium advocate!

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I likely wont. Being someone of an education in that field...I really don't read news articles. I stick to publications from USGS, OGS, or academic institutions.

Then you are aware of the USGS studies from last year that linked Oklahoma earthquakes to injection wells.
Glad to hear it.

Call me another name now.
I love it when you talk dirty.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then you are aware of the USGS studies from last year that linked Oklahoma earthquakes to injection wells.
Glad to hear it.

Call me another name now.
I love it when you talk dirty.

Linked? No. Correlation. Correlation does not equal causation. And that is really beside the point. I never said waster water injection doesn't cause earthquakes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom