Eating rattlesnake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I found one today. Turns out we can hunt rattlesnakes now in Oklahoma, when did that change? I thought it was only for the rattlesnake festival. .Suggestions for cooking it? I figure I’ll preserve the skin, it’s one of the biggest rattlesnakes I’ve seen in person. I’m thinking of putting it in a bottle of 50/50 grycerine and alcohol for a few days to preserve it. That’s at least what I heard from a leather working guy.

Since it never happened if I don’t post a pic, here you go. For scale, The knife holding the head is my official 14 inch beheading knife, and the tailgate belongs to a 2015 Silverado.
AB347786-8CA6-493E-BC9A-A6BEC8A2E138.jpeg
CB7B455E-D2CC-4B60-8D39-A26B691727B9.jpeg
97DA1253-E8C9-4B48-87E3-06C1A5BBEF28.jpeg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually let them little ones like that go. But to each his own I guess. :laugh6: Nice job skinning him out though. Snake skin belt in your future?
Definitely something. Maybe an upgrade to the terrible rawhide sheath that holds my head chopper. It needs some love anyways, it’s such a good knife, despite my abuse.
image.jpg

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the biggest I’ve seen. Haven’t measured it yet, but I would put money down that it’s over 5 feet.
Definitely something. Maybe an upgrade to the terrible rawhide sheath that holds my head chopper. It needs some love anyways, it’s such a good knife, despite my abuse. View attachment 278102
Like that head chopper you call it. Had one similar that my grandpa made kept it in my truck for many years. One night the neighborhood had several vehicles pillaged mine one of them. It disappeared that night still miss it had more sentimental value that anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom