eBay snipers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now when I bid the old fashion way I'd still wait until under 10 seconds, and mainly because I didn't want to bump the bids up unnecessarily.

One of the things with gixen is you can define a bid group. Let's say you want a Macbook Air, you can add a number of auctions to gixen in a group with bids for each auction, and you just pick auctions with different end times so they don't all end within the same couple of minutes.
Then it will keep going down the list, sniping until it wins one. It cancels the rest of the group after that.

This way you don't bid on 10 laptops and end up with 10 laptops.

ultimase

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the things with gixen is you can define a bid group. Let's say you want a Macbook Air, you can add a number of auctions to gixen in a group with bids for each auction, and you just pick auctions with different end times so they don't all end within the same couple of minutes.
Then it will keep going down the list, sniping until it wins one. It cancels the rest of the group after that.

This way you don't bid on 10 laptops and end up with 10 laptops.

That's actually quite useful, I'll have to take a look at that.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm there to buy stuff cheap..not make friends. :)

I have a fast PC and a fast connection, so when I was using E-Pay, I'd refresh every few seconds towards the end to make sure my maximum bid hadn't beed defeated.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just set a timer on my phone to about 5 minutes before an auction ends just to jog my memory that I had an ebay auction i was interested in. I know how much i want to spend so I just enter that amount with like 2 or 3 seconds left. If I win im happy but if not then its on to the next one.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just simply think of what my highest possible bid would be, and then put a dollar over that as my max bid so if they win it by a penny then oh well.. it would be more than what I would want to have paid anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom