Which news media do you read/watch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the blessings of being retired is the amount of time that becomes available when you no longer have to face rush hour traffic, long days at work, lawn work, etc. Having time to take a look at all forms of media news gives the opportunity to figure just how much manipulation of actual events takes place ( all sides do it, including our side).

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious where most of you get your daily "info" from(other than OSA). I understand every "channel" is biased towards their beliefs whether liberal or conservative. I truly wish I could find an Independent news source that would honestly be in the middle and report unbiased news.

I'm on the computer all day long as part of my job so make time throughout the day to catch up on current events. I've primarily been a Fox news guy but they just added some 'upgrades' where not all of their stories are "free" in so much as they require your email address and agreeing to their terms and conditions. That, I won't do. I just want to read. No posting. No commenting.

I'll jump over to MSN.com but that's more for their sports section and to see if there are any common stories being told on their liberal platform and the conservative Fox News. Generally speaking, they don't run the same stories even with a different spin.
The Bible. The news seems to be pretty much useless since about… 2000

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious where most of you get your daily "info" from(other than OSA). I understand every "channel" is biased towards their beliefs whether liberal or conservative. I truly wish I could find an Independent news source that would honestly be in the middle and report unbiased news.

I'm on the computer all day long as part of my job so make time throughout the day to catch up on current events. I've primarily been a Fox news guy but they just added some 'upgrades' where not all of their stories are "free" in so much as they require your email address and agreeing to their terms and conditions. That, I won't do. I just want to read. No posting. No commenting.

I'll jump over to MSN.com but that's more for their sports section and to see if there are any common stories being told on their liberal platform and the conservative Fox News. Generally speaking, they don't run the same stories even with a different spin.
I use Free Republic as a news aggregater. Found me a new tax preparer/e-filer yesterday, among other things. They're ultra-conservative, but cite news from many sources. Also Bongino Report. Boing Boing is left-leaning, but more tech oriented. Reddit & Bored Panda. YouTube. OSA & Cast Boolits, of course. Ammoland. At the same time, I try not to read nothing but news. Wife does that obsessively and is almost always depressed or angry or both. You rarely see good things in the news. Nobody needs to immerse themselves in the troubles of 8 billion+ strangers. Even if it IS addictive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom