Ebola. Nothing to fear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The nurses have been saying for a couple of days now that there was no protocol to follow. Apparently they were wearing the same equipment they would use in a "normal" hospital setting. Don't think Dallas Presby has the same "protocol" that the 4 hospitals that are "certified" to deal with this stuff do ... Bet they fix that "little oversite" post-haste.

I hope they make a full recovery and I hope no one comes down with this **** ... :(

I agree, from what I've seen and heard. The equipment they showed on the news the other night was the typical booties, scrubs with an apron a normal nose and mouth mask and a splash shield. Not adequate in any way. After they showed what the Dallas team is wearing, they showed what the people in Africa are wearing...full on sealed suits with respirators. I don't think Dallas is prepared for what is coming.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blaming the nurses. That's just f###ing brilliant.
When this keeps spreading, they'll have to look elsewhere to blame.

Oh well - our country has been spared many of the wars, plagues , and natural disasters that most others have experienced in the last 100 years. Guess we're due.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It takes about 6mos of training just to deal with ebola in a lab setting. The nurses in Dallas were doomed from the beginning.

Yeah, but even with inadequate, on the fly training, the proper equipment could have at least given those nurses a fighting chance ...

Anyone think it's odd that we haven't heard anything ab out Duncan's family?

I've not said anything here but ... yeah ... I keep thinking if anybody can find it on the web, Spata can ... :P So ... I'm REALLY concerned about them. You can't tell me there aren't a million reporters out there trying to "get the scoop" so the silence is ... ahem ... "telling".

I'm no fearmonger by any stretch of the imagination, but I think we are about to see what happens to a major metro-urban-area's economy when people are "spooked" ...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It takes about 6mos of training just to deal with ebola in a lab setting. The nurses in Dallas were doomed from the beginning.

Yep, I was curious as to why CDC personnel weren't in there from the get go instead of a young nurse that had recently graduated?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yep and it still begs to question, why in the hell was he allowed in in the first place? Shoulda had a travel ban in place over 2 months ago. Obama is going to have blood on his hands before this shite is over.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yep and it still begs to question, why in the hell was he allowed in in the first place? Shoulda had a travel ban in place over 2 months ago. Obama is going to have blood on his hands before this shite is over.

Not that I'm sticking up for the guy................can't an airline decide on it's own not to travel to a destination?

Latest posts

Top Bottom