Would you travel to CO right now or in the near future?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seeing all these news articles about Denver specifically. We hadn't booked things yet, but were gonna do Colorado Springs/Manitou Springs this summer. While not Denver we were gonna try and catch a Rockies game. Do Garden of the Gods, raft the Gorge etc, but I am wondering what the rest of the state will look like in 4-5 months? I'll have my wife, 2 HS'ers, 2 college aged kids, and a 2 year old if that makes a difference. Gonna have to research the gun laws and mag restrictions before I travel if we go forward with it.

ETA to add for those not paying attention. Not going has nothing to do with politics or gun laws, but the current migrant crisis. Transient issue there is out of hand, and along with that comes crime, for example the 4 who beat up the NY cops the other day. Denver Mayor has stated the city is at a breaking point, and thought some members may have more info or insight as to what is going on there. My wife and I will be traveling with my teenage son, possibly his GF, my college aged daughter and her BF, and my two year old toddler.

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Colorado Springs is a military community for the most part so you'd be perfectly safe to use it as your base. From there you can travel to the Garden of The Gods, tour the Air Force Academy and maybe eat in their Dining Hall (at one time you could with your family) Just inquire first. It's fun to watch the planes take off and land, parachutists and so forth. You'll have fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom