Would you travel to CO right now or in the near future?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sig365CCW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Been there many times and it's beautiful. Personally, I think it's time for us to take a stand and not spend our money on companies or places that do not share our same values. For example, I've always wanted to go to the state of Maine, but until if and when they become less liberal I never will. Is that stupid ? Maybe. The list of places I go and where I spend my money grows smaller every day.

Cdubya

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everywhere but Denver seems to be good to go when I travel there. Usually in the greater cripple creek area. I really enjoy the old mining areas but covid really put a hurting on the small communities.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. Don’t agree with their gun laws. I have a buddy who keeps inviting me and I keep turning him down.
When I was a teen, I lived there for a couple of years. It was a wonderful place then. Not so anymore. I have family there, and won't be going to see them there ever again, unless the state somehow get their 2A act back together. My brother moved to Missouri to get away from there in 2020.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a lot more to life than gun laws and political views. Go and enjoy time with your family. Would love to go that way for one our vacations when kids are older.

Its not about the politics, its about the current migrant situation and crime. If traveling by myself, I wouldnt worry, like the work trip I took to Detroit last fall. Its about having my family there with me and being concerned about their safety. Denver Mayor said the city is at a breaking point due the crisis, and I dont know how much of that has spilled over to other areas of the state or will in the next few months. I have been to CO several times in the past, gun laws wont keep me from going, but it will determine what I "pack", no pun intended, as I plan on obeying the laws, such as magazine limits, etc.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only reason my wife and I go to Colorado is we have a son there. Otherwise more than likely would not travel there. As for states that have restrictive gun laws I travel NE quite often and drive. When I drive through Illinois I do not stop at all, except for a bathroom breaks (a couple of times made it through without having to urinate) in the last 20 years. Illinois does not allow firearms outside your vehicle if traveling, and not spending money so that they get tax dollars on is the guiding principal. I realistically know that it isn't going to make a difference.

If planning to travel there, and want to carry, this is a great resource, also a reason I keep renewing My CC card in OK:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/co-gun-laws/

No more than 15 rds for a pistol. Ugh, No Keltec PMR-30's or 5.7's.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lived, worked, played and owned a business in Park County for 26 years, from 1989 to 2015. We had a nice place in the mountains and I really enjoyed living there.

Then more and more people moved into the state and things got unbearably expensive/crowded/congested. We were like prisoners in our home on weekends during the summer. What was once a 15 min drive to Conifer became 2 hrs sometimes on Sun (or Mon on 3 day weekends) afternoons. Traffic is horrible.

And, of course, there's the leftist swing in the state. All the friends with whom I stay in contact are constantly bitching about how expensive everything is and how the leftists have ruined the state.

So, I'd never live there again, but there are plenty of places in Colorado I'd like to visit again. But not in Denver or most of the front range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom