Eclipse photos - post them here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never knew there were 4 types of eclipse phenomena.
https://www.ketv.com/article/solar-eclipse-omaha-nebraska-path-2024/60412878
  • Total solar eclipse: The sun is fully obscured by the moon.
  • Partial solar eclipse: The sun is only partially obscured by the moon; the sun appears to have "a bite" taken out of it.
  • Annular solar eclipse: The moon is centered in front of the sun, but doesn't obscure it completely; the sun appears as a "ring of fire."
  • Hybrid solar eclipse: A combination of a total and annular solar eclipse, and the rarest type of solar eclipse; this begins as one type of eclipse and transitions to another type.
Kid down the street has an Eclipse. Mitsubishi, as I recall???

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An explination of my limited process. Welding glass over welding glass with my cell phone taped to the helmet so I could adjust the focal length. I had to double the glass because the phone kept fighting me self compensating. Then I went into the filters section and played with the exposure. Then a wonderful thing happened, the clouds cam in and we had a beautiful halo effect. The colors only showed for a few brief seconds then went back to being washed out. I was soooo lucky!

The very beginning around 1230

View attachment 468867

View attachment 468869

View attachment 468870

View attachment 468871

View attachment 468872

View attachment 468873

View attachment 468874

View attachment 468875
Made a day road trip out of St. Louis to catch the eclipse, went to Popular Bluff, MO. Had Dexter BBQ.....I make excuses to hit Dexter's any time I'm going the least bit south or west. After eating, drove just northwest to Hwy 60/410 to be directly under the event. Fun time. Liked the BBQ best. Traffic was unreal on I-55 down to Hwy67 going down. Once on 67 traffic was heavier than normal, but flew along at 75-80 in the 60 zone. Going home that afternoon, traffic was stop'n'go all the way up 67 and mostly stop'n'creep I-55 north. Only saw one impatient *******.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found a totaled Eclipse

1713308415068.png

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are two of my better ones.

The skinny filament structure of the prominence on the left side of the first image is probably over 10 times wider than Earth…

0701F8DB-B337-440B-AA29-2527E5D0BB37.jpeg5F870935-0BE2-4F01-A26A-6A85027BA692.jpeg

I took my kids to BFE Arkansas to see it. I’ve been planning this trip some long before my divorce, so it was really important that I was able to share it with them. The 2017 eclipse left a hell of an impression on me. Also took my folks with us. Neither had seen a total eclipse before and they were incredibly awestruck just like the rest of us.

I’ve had a lot of personal setbacks this past year, including coming to within a kitten’s whisker of dying. My personal mission to see this eclipse with my kids was positively Griswoldian.

I’m so happy I made it out there with my family.

And for those of you interested in the technical particulars, are used to full spectrum-converted Canon 6D with an EF 500 mm F4.5 USM lens—1/640th at f/13 and ISO 125. I’d intended to use a 2x teleconverter too, but I forgot it in the haste of setting up my two cameras plus my kids’ cameras.

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For those of you who missed the solar eclipse, this is what you missed. 👀🌞🌖 <a href="https://t.co/uFu34ZvzFX">pic.twitter.com/uFu34ZvzFX</a></p>&mdash; vegastar (@vegastarr) <a href="">April 12, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Winner winner Chicken Dinners for these two!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are two of my better ones.

The skinny filament structure of the prominence on the left side of the first image is probably over 10 times wider than Earth…

View attachment 472226View attachment 472227

I took my kids to BFE Arkansas to see it. I’ve been planning this trip some long before my divorce, so it was really important that I was able to share it with them. The 2017 eclipse left a hell of an impression on me. Also took my folks with us. Neither had seen a total eclipse before and they were incredibly awestruck just like the rest of us.

I’ve had a lot of personal setbacks this past year, including coming to within a kitten’s whisker of dying. My personal mission to see this eclipse with my kids was positively Griswoldian.

I’m so happy I made it out there with my family.

And for those of you interested in the technical particulars, are used to full spectrum-converted Canon 6D with an EF 500 mm F4.5 USM lens—1/640th at f/13 and ISO 125. I’d intended to use a 2x teleconverter too, but I forgot it in the haste of setting up my two cameras plus my kids’ cameras.

Great that you got to spend it with your Family! Best photos of it to boot!

Latest posts

Top Bottom