Email scams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This subject has porbably been beat to death but can't help it.... We were having a little trouble with the SPAM filter on our email server eating important emails so I turned it off. Some of the stuff I've been receiving is pretty funny and I just can't understand how anyone could fall for this crap. Just received the one below this morning and I would bet some idiot will actually contact the guy. I have seen some that were really good and could see how someone not thinking could be had but it really baffles me how anyone could not see this as a scam, must be some really stupid people in this world.

Cargo Unit
Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (GOAA)
Orlando International Airport
One Jeff Fuqua Blvd
Orlando, Florida 3227-4399
ATTENTION: Final Notice of Your Package

In view of your inability to receive your package reg #: SA335493RDK originally scheduled to be delivered to you by the agency foreign payment service Florida USA. This package in a metal box arrived at Orlando International Airport here in USA via British airways flight no. BA460 as where told that is coming to you from UN Home office in UK. Note that none of the staff here have right to confirmed the contact this package till it has being delivery to your door step based on the instructions from UK.
The agency Foreign payment service New York staff came and applied for the release of this package for delivery to your address but has since not shown up.

I am writing to inform you that the days of grace have expired and we shall begin to charge the storage fee of $10usd daily. Please contact Mr. John Butler being delivery officer to release your package and deliver it to you. His private id is: [email protected]

Note that this notice serves as our last recovery notice to you as our department will be compelled to list your package as an unclaimed and maybe forfeited.

Best regards,
Mr. James Laria
Cargo Unit

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TIL:

1. Orlando only has a 4-digit zip code.
2. Florida, USA isn't a state, it's a Foreign Payment Service Agency.
3. John Butler's private "id" is also what appears to be a group email for the same division James Laria works in. That's not very private.
4. The TSA and customs aren't at all alarmed by shipping metal boxes via air from overseas as long as you use UN Home Office's return address.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TIL:

1. Orlando only has a 4-digit zip code.
2. Florida, USA isn't a state, it's a Foreign Payment Service Agency.
3. John Butler's private "id" is also what appears to be a group email for the same division James Laria works in. That's not very private.
4. The TSA and customs aren't at all alarmed by shipping metal boxes via air from overseas as long as you use UN Home Office's return address.
^^^ This is a popular television entertainer who is up before day light and drinks alot^^^

Latest posts

Top Bottom