Enfield Questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm just fortunate to have a rifle that's not too finicky because I have two magazines for mine and they both work great.

Back to the other question in my OP though - where can I scare up an Enfield mag? Anybody make a decent aftermarket?

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know about yours, but the Ishapore enfields chambered for 7.62 NATO weren't really meant to shoot .308 winchester as the higher pressure of .308 is considered unsafe. Like I said, I'm not sure about yours though, since it may be a rechamber of a .303 rifle. Just something to possibly research.

Cheepshooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm just fortunate to have a rifle that's not too finicky because I have two magazines for mine and they both work great.

Back to the other question in my OP though - where can I scare up an Enfield mag? Anybody make a decent aftermarket?

Numrich (www.e-gunparts.com) has everything you need.

Marstar (www.marstar.ca) has a lot too, but you have to pay shipping from Canada.

Jpt

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
seen some mags listed on Sarco, as well as other hard to find parts. Have a No. 4 Mk 1 that needs refurbishing, they seem to have everything I need

Numrich (www.e-gunparts.com) has everything you need.

Marstar (www.marstar.ca) has a lot too, but you have to pay shipping from Canada.

Jpt

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info, and I'm sure I'll need them someday, but I won't be shopping for parts too soon after all. The gun I went back after today had already sold. Maybe one of these days I'll learn to pull the trigger on those deals, instead of going home to sleep on it. No BIG regrets though, "sleeping on it" has definitely saved me more than it has cost me.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I appreciate the info, and I'm sure I'll need them someday, but I won't be shopping for parts too soon after all. The gun I went back after today had already sold. Maybe one of these days I'll learn to pull the trigger on those deals, instead of going home to sleep on it. No BIG regrets though, "sleeping on it" has definitely saved me more than it has cost me.

:homer:pansy no- risk taking baby. i'd have done it!

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's not a bad deal but it's just like the one I already have and the one I was looking at was $120.

Of course... it needed a mag, was filthy, the stock was grossly over-oiled, and it had something going on with the safety. Despite that when I went down there with a light to check the bore and take second look somebody had already taken it home, I guess the only one that thought the price was right. I hope they treat it right and clean it up, it needed some attention.

Latest posts

Top Bottom