Engine Build Shop Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Furious_George

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey there, I'm right in the middle of rebuilding an AMC 360 for my Jeep CJ5. I need advice on which engine or machine shop around OKC is skilled at pressing piston wrist pins into connecting rods. Besides getting the crankshaft turned, this is the only thing I'm taking to a shop to get done. The rods I have for the build are stock cast iron and I'd hate to stress them any more than necessary. This is a complete rebuild and I'm wanting to do everything right so the next owner doesn't go through all of the headaches this Jeep has given me. Any shop recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, and hopefully I'll see some of you guys back on the trails before too long.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most reputable machine shops should be able to do that with no big deal. On a side note with your build, pay attention to the front cover for wear especially if you had oil pressure problems. Its not a major problem but the oil pump areas are known for wear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom