EPA's Wood-Burning Stove Ban Has Chilling Consequences For Many Rural People

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, here is a little more to the story.

In Ok, wood burners are not an issue.

In the NE, Vermont, Maine, Nh, and others have major problems with pollution from wood burning stoves.

I've had to attend training sessions in that area in the past, where you couldn't see across the street for the wood smoke. They don't have the wind we do, and the mountains/hills in that area block what ever might develop.

With catalyst type stoves, the airborne smoke and particulates are almost zero.

IMHO, they need to work on those states that have that issue, and leave the rest of us alone. We don't need a blanket law that doesn't pertain to us at all.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am no expert but I would assume a regular wood burning fireplace would emit more toxins than an enclosed box? I was actually thinking go putting a high efficiency wood insert in my house plans as opposed to a traditional fireplace. Bad idea ?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO, they need to work on those states that have that issue, and leave the rest of us alone. We don't need a blanket law that doesn't pertain to us at all.

IF it's good for Cali or NE, it MUST be good for the whole country. After all, the only intelligent people in this country are in Cali and NE.

Latest posts

Top Bottom