Ersland Attorney Talks About Using Guns In Self Defense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As with many earlier posts on this thread, I carry Doug's card. As Doug tells us if you need his services in a situation, one should not talk to the Law Enforcement on the scene, that is why we carry his card. Just sayin'. Trust Doug I do that is, to the fullest.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've posted this on OSA before, but it's been a while and there are a lot of new whippersnappers here so here goes:

1. Contrary to popular belief, any attorney you hire will NOT promise to get you off. It is your attorney's job to make sure your constitutional rights are not violated. It is your attorney's job to interprete the FACTS surrounding your particular situation in the best light to your position. It is NOT about your guilt or innocence. Never has been, never will be.

2. The less you say the better off you are. It is easier for your attorney to explain something you DIDN'T say than it is for him/her to explain something you DID say. (A PERFECT example of this is the fine Mr. Jerome Ersland.)

3. Life ain't fair. No good deed goes unpunished. Remember that, always.

ETA: And I say this about very, very few attorneys in the world, but Doug Friesen is worth every single penny he will charge you.

You rock!!

I know Doug Friesen well and consider him an excellent attorney, one to call on when the SHTF for certain. I used to office right next door to him. My name is still on the sign there! I think the advanced retainer idea is a great way to ensure there is attorney client privilege right up front in the event that is necessary.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You rock!!

I know Doug Friesen well and consider him an excellent attorney, one to call on when the SHTF for certain. I used to office right next door to him. My name is still on the sign there! I think the advanced retainer idea is a great way to ensure there is attorney client privilege right up front in the event that is necessary.

OK, there has been a "little" discussion about what a retainer for an Attorney is supposed to represent.
How about you guys clear up the water.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, there has been a "little" discussion about what a retainer for an Attorney is supposed to represent.

Depends on the specific contract you sign. The vast majority of the attorneys I worked for had you sign a contract, took your retainer and then prayed you never called. If something happened and you did call, the clock started ticking and after your retainer was used up in hourly fees (the standard rate -- no discounted rate for you, unless it was spelled out in the original contract) you started getting a statement (or had to replenish the retainer before it was used up).

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You rock!!

I know, GC's such a lucky fella, right?? LOL Seriously though, I'm amazed at the number of otherwise fairly well-educated folks who think that all you guys do is run around falsifying evidence and "burying" witnesses to get your guilty-as-sin clients off the hook.

I adore Doug ... He's at the very tip-top of my future ex-husband's list!! (Yeah, he knows! :D )

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Looks like this earlier post sort of clears that up, at least as far as this particular plan goes.

"Both plans include the following services:
Attorney Doug Friesen on call 24/7 for any gun-related incident.
Self-incrimination prevention – you won’t have to speak to police.
Trial Prevention Services.
Full legal representation up to charges filed.
Direct email access so Doug can answer any legal questions concerning the Second Amendment.
One free hour of legal consultation on any subject."

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know, GC's such a lucky fella, right?? LOL Seriously though, I'm amazed at the number of otherwise fairly well-educated folks who think that all you guys do is run around falsifying evidence and "burying" witnesses to get your guilty-as-sin clients off the hook.

I adore Doug ... He's at the very tip-top of my future ex-husband's list!! (Yeah, he knows! :D )

I better warn Doug about this, this weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom