Ersland Attorney Talks About Using Guns In Self Defense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never forgot in class he said. "IF YOU PULL YOUR GUN SOMEONE MOST DIE". I guess his new client must have taken his class. lol

Did Doug elaborate on that? Just curious. How long ago did you take his class? Again, curious. I have known Doug for 12 years via the SDA and took my class in December 95 before, long before Doug began his tenure. Did he go in to the scenario of the person pulling in to a 7-Eleven and so forth seeing a lot of people with guns drawn? It is a prime example (Federal case) he used to use in classes of how and why someone should stay away from a situation if they were not in danger. Just sayin' and not trying to cause controversy here, but the case he used was pretty darned good. Thanks

C

Cnuffs

Did anyone see this article today? Does anyone know what it means? Is this attorney offering to represent you for free for 5 years (after you pay $500 up-front) or is this purely a retainer for his services? Is this guy a good attorney?

"Friesen announced Sunday he was offering his services to all gun owners: $500 will get you five years of representation if you end up using deadly force to protect yourself."

http://www.news9.com/story/17654706/ersland-attorney-talks-about-self-defense-gun-laws

Doug is a customer on my mail route. I hear nothing but good things about the guy and for him to support the 2nd amendment that way n pick up this huge case he must be a descent attny. I don't think ersland would go with a bad attny considering how many attny's want this case for just the pure publicity. I know it's just n appeals cause the case has been tried but still. Yes Doug is a great guy I see him everyday

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never forgot in class he said. "IF YOU PULL YOUR GUN SOMEONE MOST DIE". I guess his new client must have taken his class. lol

That statement, and it's true meaning usually goes right over the head of most folks and has created a lot of threads on this forum.

I agree with it, and understand his point...but he probably should stop saying it because we live in a world that loves to twist meaning and take things out of context.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doug is a customer on my mail route. I hear nothing but good things about the guy and for him to support the 2nd amendment that way n pick up this huge case he must be a descent attny. I don't think ersland would go with a bad attny considering how many attny's want this case for just the pure publicity. I know it's just n appeals cause the case has been tried but still. Yes Doug is a great guy I see him everyday

In some cases, "just n appeals" is the difference in life in prison and life outside prison ... or living the rest of your life in prison or getting to die by lethal injection. If you are convicted the first time around "just n appeals" can mean the difference in a moderately sucky life and no life at all. Or, if you happen to actually be innocent of the crime you are convicted of (hey, it happens), getting another chance to try and prove your innocence.

Appeals are actually very, very big deals to the people who file them.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friesen did thump BATFE, Hard. The conviction rate on federal prosecutions of that type is unbelievably high. They wanted to make an example out of him, and they couldn't. He was very close to destroying the NFR as a forensic tool in investigations. BATFE couldn't afford that, so they folded on their major prosecution. Anyone who can pull that off has earned their chops.

Interesting...

Friesen case and it's strange connection to Fast and Furious

[End of story, right? Not so fast. It seems there is much more to the Friesen case that remains worth hiding to the ATF.
Doug Friesen, still considerably damaged economically by the case and more than a little curious how and why the ATF came to target him, filed a civil suit against Charlie Erb, the guy who manufactured the weapon at issue. And who comes running back to town, but Little Jimmy Vann. He hastened there because Doug Friesen, not without reason, had sought to lift the discovery protective order which had been agreed to as part of the now closed case. There is, it seems, a whole lot the ATF still doesn't want known about the case and they are circling the wagons around Charlie Erb.]

http://www.grouchyconservativepundits.org/index.php?topic=42366.0

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting...

[End of story, right? Not so fast. It seems there is much more to the Friesen case that remains worth hiding to the ATF.
Doug Friesen, still considerably damaged economically by the case and more than a little curious how and why the ATF came to target him, filed a civil suit against Charlie Erb, the guy who manufactured the weapon at issue. And who comes running back to town, but Little Jimmy Vann. He hastened there because Doug Friesen, not without reason, had sought to lift the discovery protective order which had been agreed to as part of the now closed case. There is, it seems, a whole lot the ATF still doesn't want known about the case and they are circling the wagons around Charlie Erb.]

Yes it's interesting. Very very interesting.

What on earth is DOJ trying to hide in a civil suit in which they aren't named? There's something afoot at DOJ and what the hell does it take to get DOJ to do what Congress is ordering? Issa and Grassly are just looking at Holder giving them the one finger salute. I bet DOJ has a bunch of new shredders ready and waiting if they lose in November.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

What on earth is DOJ trying to hide in a civil suit in which they aren't named? There's something afoot at DOJ and what the hell does it take to get DOJ to do what Congress is ordering? Issa and Grassly are just looking at Holder giving them the one finger salute. I bet DOJ has a bunch of new shredders ready and waiting if they lose in November.

Could it have to do with the NFRTR not being fixed? If a very competent lawyer can have this happen are any class III holders safe from wrongful prosecution?

http://www.nfaoa.org/documents/NFRTRdocpack.pdf

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting...

I can tell you what Charlie Erb appears to be to the ATF and DoJ. He's possibly a violator who was offered a free pass if he would give them evidence that implicated others in NFA violations. ATF is notorious for grabbing dealers by the nuts and twisting until they give up others. They're like the Stasi in that regard.

The DoJ is trying to hide their dirty laundry and that of the ATF. ATF is notorious in federal LE as a bunch of cowboys making up their own rules as they go. As for Holder, You need look no further than the glorious speaker of the house, John Boehner. It's been reported that he wants to quash the Issa/Grassly investigation because it's interfering with his deal cutting with Obama. Republicans are notorious for giving up 2A issues in exchange for other things they want. The 2A crowd is looked upon as an easy mark. What else are we gonna do, vote Democrat?

Could it have to do with the NFRTR not being fixed? If a very competent lawyer can have this happen are any class III holders safe from wrongful prosecution?

http://www.nfaoa.org/documents/NFRTRdocpack.pdf

Short answer, yes it has to do with the NFRTR not being fixed, because they can't fix it. Some of their low pay, affirmative action employees destroyed or dumped some really important documents, including some NFRTR records. They weren't backed up on computers yet and guess what? They're no longer in existence. Want some really bad news? Let's say you lose your tax stamp and Form 1 or Form 4. You request a replacement from BATFE. Yours is one of the records destroyed. Do they give you a new Form with stamp, or do they tell you your firearm isn't in the registry and make you destroy or abandon it?

If you own NFA items, you really should have multiple copies of your forms and keep them in separate locations. I keep all mine in my fireproof safe. I keep a copy of them in my cases and bags. I keep a copy of them in my lunch cooler, which always goes with me to work and to the range. I even keep a copy of all my records in a file at work.

Long story short, never, ever, trust the government to look out for you. Their agenda is to look out for themselves first. After all, I should know. :(

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He needs to air a commercial on TV with a recent victim pulling out his get out of jail free card and waving it in the air.
"Yep, always knew I'd have to shoot a punk-ass thug sooner or later. Thanks, Mr. Friesen!"

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He needs to air a commercial on TV with a recent victim pulling out his get out of jail free card and waving it in the air.
"Yep, always knew I'd have to shoot a punk-ass thug sooner or later. Thanks, Mr. Friesen!"

i49.photobucket.com_albums_f255_wiggy2_207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom