Ever Been Held To Blame For The Sins Of Your Fathers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OV1kenobi

Marksman
Reaction score
I don't know whether this question should be asked literally or figuratively.

Here goes: Perhaps I will be banned on this forum, as well.

I have been a long-time member of a very popular wet-shaving forum. I asked a question regarding general knowledge of "The Sons Of Confederate Veterans" and "The Daughters Of The Confederacy." I simply asked about general knowledge and information, since one of my Fathers was Brigadier-General James Henry Lane, C.S.A. (Google it.)

I stated that I was proud of my forefather's stand and sacrifices to his nation (The Confederate States of America)

Since then, I cannot log on to that website.

Will I be banned from this one, as well, because one of my Fathers was a Confederate States General Officer?

If this thread does not appear under General Discussions, then I will know how you folks stand.

I will also know that I have been banned from this website. However it turns out, I wish you all well. I have learned much from you.

Warnest Regards,

David

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thats crazy! Banned for family history!?
Dont know about people in my family that fought in the war. But my family owned a plantation with slaves. The slaves were eventually freed after the war and adopted out last name.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know whether this question should be asked literally or figuratively.

Here goes: Perhaps I will be banned on this forum, as well.

I have been a long-time member of a very popular wet-shaving forum. I asked a question regarding general knowledge of "The Sons Of Confederate Veterans" and "The Daughters Of The Confederacy." I simply asked about general knowledge and information, since one of my Fathers was Brigadier-General James Henry Lane, C.S.A. (Google it.)

I stated that I was proud of my forefather's stand and sacrifices to his nation (The Confederate States of America)

Since then, I cannot log on to that website.

Will I be banned from this one, as well, because one of my Fathers was a Confederate States General Officer?

If this thread does not appear under General Discussions, then I will know how you folks stand.

I will also know that I have been banned from this website. However it turns out, I wish you all well. I have learned much from you.

Warnest Regards,

David

The post above is the equivalent of sticking your ween out in the aisle and daring people to kick it.

Heritage is honorable. Racism is not. If you stay clear of one to focus on the other, why would anyone on this forum make a big deal?

LDA.45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a direct descendant of a Private, a Sergeant and a Major General of the Confederate forces and several in the war of 1812 and many in the
revolution.
And several on the Yankee side also.....
My Dad was a three war Marine and I am a Vietnam vet (Twice).
Needless to say I am very proud of my history and if you have a problem with it....Tough!!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Civil War still brings us bad feelings all around. Some web forums just don't want to bother with anything that might spark uncomfortable conversations about it....Being proud of the military service and personal war service of family members is one thing....being a racist ***** who wants to bring back white supremecy and slavery is another.

I can totally see a "wet shaving forum" wanting to stay away from the subject. They might not have wanted to bother to see which of the above categories you fit in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom