Ever Double Charge Win 231?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I had a double charge of Win 231. Don't believe it was a bore obstruction since gun never failed until it locked up. New threaded barrel on the way from Ed Brown. Get to drag out my files and alignment tools lucky me
p
231DOUBLE.jpg

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
looks like a light charge, bullet in the rifling, then a shot behind that.
almost did it once, sold my Lee loadmaster after that and got a dillon

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is possible but my experince with squips in 1911's is the pistol fails to extraxt and you tap rack and boom. Had no malfunctions. Unless projectile stuck and the gun functioned??
Squib meaning a possible light charge, like gunbuffer mentioned that would travel part way in the barrel. As we both know primer squibs typically just push the bullet out of the case, and the gun won't cycle.
Looking at the overpressure signs the obstruction had to be somewhere around the muzzle it appears to me.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Squib meaning a possible light charge, like gunbuffer mentioned that would travel part way in the barrel. As we both know primer squibs typically just push the bullet out of the case, and the gun won't cycle.
Looking at the overpressure signs the obstruction had to be somewhere around the muzzle it appears to me.
That is possible if it was just enough powder to have the gun cycle but still have a stuck projectile.

Latest posts

Top Bottom