Evolution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Noah didn't bring eggs on the ark 2 by 2. Hadda be the Chicken. But i bet it wasn't a cochin×Cornish rock×turken....those are man's creations in last 100 years.

I wanna know why he brought wasps, chiggers, and ticks. He shoulda dipped them critters before putting them on the boat.
BTW - it wasn't two of each critter...read the book.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have the power to create life, and modify life, independent of God or his will.

Now we just need a good story that will make us feel good. Once upon a time or In the beginning. ....some day, some where there will be an end to mono theism because smart people quit Believing in Santa and just practice Christmas because it makes us feel good.

I couldn't have said it better myself, well maybe...I have 2 nuts. :pokeowned

This country was formed on biblical principles and has been the most successful, the most prosperous, and the strongest ever in history. Woody

Seriously, I have no idea where you got this from. Travel back a bit more, waaaay back. Think about all the great conquerors, Napoleon, Genghis Khan, the Roman Empire, early China, hell even the Aztecs controlled over 25 million people at one time. To say our country is "the most successful, the most prosperous, and the strongest ever in history" is not even close my friend. Maybe in the last 200 years and only recently because technology allows us to. Imagine if the internet was around in 1776, there might have never been a revolt against the crown and we would be sitting here eating and drinking bloody tea and biscuits.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The core tenet for all Christians, Jews and Muslims comes from Genesis Ch.1&2. You can toss out everything after Genesis chapter 2. Focus just on those 2 Chapters.

These 2 creation stories, more or less the same, are in fact, 100% Jewish creation stories. This is the core tenet that you are arguing from. A Jewish creation story.

You claim to be open minded, you are an engineer, a reasonable man, intelligent.

Judgeing solely from Gen. 1&2, when compared to Evolution, your saying "nope I'm going with the Jewish story?"

Creation stories have been studied a long time. There are hundreds of creation stories, so many that there are lots of things in common with most of them.

The reality is, a person could actually choose any creation story and that would be as good as the Jewish story. Man came from mud, man was made from clay, man came from a swamp......one could choose any story and probably be correct. We evolved or did something mold us and give us life? I go with accidents happen. And I think they happen all over universes.

What I was referring to was an intelligent designer is in common with all creation theories. And yes, I believe in the Jewish/Biblical "story".

Personally, it is my opinion that "given enough time, the world would have randomly evolved" does not sufficiently explain the world around us. The physical law of entropy would argue against that.

hint.....birds and bees

I know thats not what u meant..... ;)

That's still not "creating" life. It's two living things working together to form another living thing.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe in the "chemical soup". From simple non-living chemicals to living cells... Scientists speculate this could have taken 1 billion years (imagine that! you can't...). If life didn't originate on this planet, then I think it came about by the same means, just somewhere else.

here is a short read about it.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Want to toss this out for discussion - if there is an omnipotent, omniscient God there are only two ways anything can happen - either God causes it, or God allows it. This would include anything and everything from the theory of evolution to Obama's presidency to the rise of militant Islam to what anyone posts in this forum, religious or otherwise.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I believe in the "chemical soup". From simple non-living chemicals to living cells... Scientists speculate this could have taken 1 billion years (imagine that! you can't...). If life didn't originate on this planet, then I think it came about by the same means, just somewhere else.

here is a short read about it.

And that is the first point - and one of the most important - that has not been yet explained by the theory of evolution. The second is going from single *living* cells to multi-cellular organisms to life forms that are comprised of biological anatomy.

The first is a phenomenal leap. Infinite at this point, as we neither understand *life* at this point, nor have we been able to recreate it. Scientists don't even understand what they are trying to explain at this point.

The second is statistically improbable. Possible, just highly unlikely. However, I believe that if we were able to solve the first point, the second would follow soon after, if not immediately.

The "billions of years" part I really don't care about. If that explained a testable theory, then so be it. At this point, it just seems to be used as "given enough time, anything can happen," or "since you can't imagine a billion years, or understand it, that explains evolution." Both of which I disagree with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom