Evolution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have spent period of my life on both sides of this debate. My most recent findings have led me straight back to God as the creator. On the other hand I firmly believe in micro evolution. It is clear that small mutations that turn out to be helpful to the betterment of a species eventually propagate to the point that we have a new species. However to propose that a simple cellular based life form could evolve into anything greater is, IMO, far fetched at best.
The likelihood of spontaneous development of life is an even greater problem for the scientific community.

Below is an excerpt from http://www.truenews.org/Creation_vs_Evolution/origin_of_life.html
Hoyle and his associates knew that the smallest conceivable free-living life form needed at least 2,000 independent functional proteins in order to accomplish cellular metabolism and reproduction. Starting with the hypothetical primordial soup he calculated the probability of the spontaneous generation of just the proteins of a single amoebae. He determined that the probability of such an event is one chance in ten to the 40 thousandth power, i.e., 1 in 1040,000. Prior to this project, Hoyle was a believer in the spontaneous generation of life. This project, however, changed his opinion 180 degrees. Hoyle stated: "The likelihood of the formation of life from inanimate matter is one to a number with 40 thousand naughts [zeros] after it. It is enough to bury Darwin and the whole theory of evolution. There was no primeval soup, neither on this planet nor on any other, and if the beginnings of life were not random they must therefore have been the product of purposeful intelligence." Hoyle also concluded that the probability of the spontaneous generation of a single bacteria, "is about the same as the probability that a tornado sweeping through a junk yard could assemble a 747 from the contents therein."

So, the bible says God created heaven and earth and all that is on it. I have chosen to believe it is true. I also believe that both plants and animals are always evolving on a small scale. God created monkeys, he created man. I don't think he created a hominoid that evolve into a man and a monkey.

If you want to talk about similar DNA I'll leave you with this analogy. Tacos and cheeseburgers both have beef, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. Does that mean they both started out as the same food that was modified to become tacos and cheeseburgers? Not hardly. Instead, their creators used some common ingredients resulting in two similar but different foods. Once God had created certain bits of DNA it just makes sense to reuse as much as possible when creating the next beast. Especially if he wanted them similar but different.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, now I'm hungry.

...and I will post this before I get some foods.

36.media.tumblr.com_087a34c77b8eba8618161b0c1fdbce21_tumblr_njkxx9IlXg1smpm6vo1_1280.jpg

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have spent period of my life on both sides of this debate. My most recent findings have led me straight back to God as the creator. On the other hand I firmly believe in micro evolution. It is clear that small mutations that turn out to be helpful to the betterment of a species eventually propagate to the point that we have a new species. However to propose that a simple cellular based life form could evolve into anything greater is, IMO, far fetched at best.
The likelihood of spontaneous development of life is an even greater problem for the scientific community.

Below is an excerpt from http://www.truenews.org/Creation_vs_Evolution/origin_of_life.html
Hoyle and his associates knew that the smallest conceivable free-living life form needed at least 2,000 independent functional proteins in order to accomplish cellular metabolism and reproduction. Starting with the hypothetical primordial soup he calculated the probability of the spontaneous generation of just the proteins of a single amoebae. He determined that the probability of such an event is one chance in ten to the 40 thousandth power, i.e., 1 in 1040,000. Prior to this project, Hoyle was a believer in the spontaneous generation of life. This project, however, changed his opinion 180 degrees. Hoyle stated: "The likelihood of the formation of life from inanimate matter is one to a number with 40 thousand naughts [zeros] after it. It is enough to bury Darwin and the whole theory of evolution. There was no primeval soup, neither on this planet nor on any other, and if the beginnings of life were not random they must therefore have been the product of purposeful intelligence." Hoyle also concluded that the probability of the spontaneous generation of a single bacteria, "is about the same as the probability that a tornado sweeping through a junk yard could assemble a 747 from the contents therein."

So, the bible says God created heaven and earth and all that is on it. I have chosen to believe it is true. I also believe that both plants and animals are always evolving on a small scale. God created monkeys, he created man. I don't think he created a hominoid that evolve into a man and a monkey.

If you want to talk about similar DNA I'll leave you with this analogy. Tacos and cheeseburgers both have beef, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. Does that mean they both started out as the same food that was modified to become tacos and cheeseburgers? Not hardly. Instead, their creators used some common ingredients resulting in two similar but different foods. Once God had created certain bits of DNA it just makes sense to reuse as much as possible when creating the next beast. Especially if he wanted them similar but different.

So God created a oak tree....and all the different types of oak trees evolved.
So God created DNA and all the things evolved from DNA.
MAYBE God created DNA on a planet far away and they shot a DNA bomb at earth and it took a million years to get here and we evolved from that.

Most likely lightning struck a swamp and created life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom