Exciting evening!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way to go Dennis! What about those does? I guess you let them go? I hope to get back out to my hunting spot soon, but I am afraid the roads are too wet right now.

Dreaming Man
:osu

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Way to go Dennis! What about those does? I guess you let them go? I hope to get back out to my hunting spot soon, but I am afraid the roads are too wet right now.

Dreaming Man
:osu

Yeah, I let them go. I have two does and a buck in the freezer now, and will just spend the rest of bow season enjoying the outdoors, and head hunting for a really big wall hanger.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis I had the opposite happen to me about 4 years ago. It was on my land south of McAlester. I was deer hunting in gun season setting down the hill from our camp. They came up behind me and to my side. I'm setting there late afternoon just getting dark and all the sudden all hell breaks loose! At about 10 yards 3 or 4 of them fly up in the pines to roost. WTF! is right when you are not expecting that. They didn't make a sound coming in. I almost had heart failure, I was sure something was fixing to try and make me dinner. Then all the others start flying up into trees and this goes on for about 10 minutes. Probably about 35 of them. It was fun watching them, they would fly up, get themselves situated, and then decide to try another branch and start it all over again. I think it took them about 15 minutes to get quiet. I've since learned that they roost in that area very regularly.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis I had the opposite happen to me about 4 years ago. It was on my land south of McAlester. I was deer hunting in gun season setting down the hill from our camp. They came up behind me and to my side. I'm setting there late afternoon just getting dark and all the sudden all hell breaks loose! At about 10 yards 3 or 4 of them fly up in the pines to roost. WTF! is right when you are not expecting that. They didn't make a sound coming in. I almost had heart failure, I was sure something was fixing to try and make me dinner. Then all the others start flying up into trees and this goes on for about 10 minutes. Probably about 35 of them. It was fun watching them, they would fly up, get themselves situated, and then decide to try another branch and start it all over again. I think it took them about 15 minutes to get quiet. I've since learned that they roost in that area very regularly.

I had this happen to me on opening gun/deer evening last year and it too scared the crap outta me. My father knew they were there but didnt warn me he thought it would be funny. They are LOUD. This year on opening morning in nearly the same tree. I get up in my stand and right about daylight the tree starts vibrating. I look up and two are roosting in MY TREE about another 15 feet up. I looked around and there were about 20 turkeys in the trees all around me. We also have pics of about 15 turkeys and 10 deer eating at the same time on the trail cam. That business about turkeys and deer not being in the same area at the same time is totally FALSE.

Latest posts

Top Bottom