Expensive fridges are dying young. Owners are suing, claiming fraud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i needed a frige 20 years ago,, online reviews said fridgedaire/ sears Kenmore,, still working good...i do scrap metal and until 2 years ago i scraped plenty of refridgerators,, most of the old ones 20-40 years old,still have some freon in the system,, but all the newer ones have nothing in the lines, no preasure at all,,they are using thinner steel lines ,and very little to paint the steel lines with ,so you get some rust and poof all the Freon leaks out..now the scrap yards wont take refrigerators at all ,because the lines are intact and too much insulation..a few months a go a neighbor had a refrigerator at the curb for big junk day ,and the city picked it up two guys put it into the back of a old style trash truck that has the clamshell type scoop and it just pushed it back into the truck intact lines and all,i wonder how long they will keep doing that,,,these lawsuit people need to add that some LG refrigerators have leaked out freon in the house,causing a major health hazard..
I’ll keep my old one, it’s over 20years old. I wouldn’t worry much about the Freon health issue. Most only hold around 6oz. I should be dead if so. Brazing a line that has a puff of refrigerant in it is something else. The phosgene gas it produces is something to experience.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still have my whirlpool from the 90’s running in my garage. My LG in the kitchen is 5 yrs old & has had to be repaired last yr.

Latest posts

Top Bottom