Face Mask, Now We Know

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Comparing Covid to flu season is like comparing an Anschutz to a kids kricket . Well so obviously you seem to have NO regards for others. Your choice but not mine. And I am really in very good health but was born with one protein short in my DNA. That protein is necessary for my immune system to send white blood cells to the respiratory system. I’ve had pneumonia 6 times in my life. 3 in the last 5 yrs. Only about 1 in 150000 has this so no cure. Don’t know your age but for a 74 yr old my dr says I’m in the top 15% other than this issue. Sob assuming I’m in poor health is wrong. Figures though considering your opinion on this subject! Lol
You can wear a respirator to prevent getting it. If you run across me somewhere I wont be wearing a mask and thats your choice to be out in public where germs linger just like its my choice to mask up or not.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can wear a respirator to prevent getting it. If you run across me somewhere I wont be wearing a mask and thats your choice to be out in public where germs linger just like its my choice to mask up or not.
It’s always been your choice. Not trying to address that rather simply ask people to think about it. Never said you had no right to refuse. That’s not me

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Masks are not a political statement. We need to be tolerant of people who choose to wear or not wear one....you just cannot read the other person's mind or know their situation. Case in point: many of us wear a mask while driving because we are hopping between locations and it is too much hassle to properly don and doff the mask every time we get in or exit the car.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
During the last year and all through the Covid Dempanic, the wife and I have worked, vacationed, and driven through 13 states, not counting Oklahoma, and seldom wear a mask. Normally, we only do that when going into "most" stores or when required, such as at a clinic or doctor's office.

We each take a Vitamin D3 daily, a Vitamin C twice a day, and zinc in our multivitamins. We've been doing most of that now for years, and we haven't had flu symptoms for a heck of a long time and even rarely get a cold. I'm 74 and she is 68, and both of us are in pretty darn good health.

We are fixing to go back to our Summer work gig in a few weeks and will only wear masks when going into hotels and stores.

It seems to us that too much faith is being put into the vaccines, so we aren't in any big hurry to get any of those either. We'll let those that are more susceptible to illness have those.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem is not whether or not masks themselves work. The problem is if you'll sit in a spot in front of a store for 5 minutes, you'll see 11 out of 12 people grab the mask with the fingers they just used to open the door with. There. Now, IF the virus is on that door handle, it's now on their hands, face, and mask.

And IF someone wearing a mask had the virus, it's the American way to be fairly ignorant. Let's say the guy entering before you has the virus. Every breath they exhale is multiplying the amount of virus sitting in that fabric touching his face. So now he pulls it over his nose to go inside, and the super magnified virus is now, what, 300 times more likely to land on that doorknob?
It is my opinion that masks only help when people aren't idiots and when everyones hands are constantly wet from sanitizer and when YOU STOP TOUCHING YOUR FACE, MASK, GLASSES, AND CELL PHONE.
/rant

Ok so that was a rather rambling rant.
I'll try to sum it up.
The mask gives a false sense of security for people that are completely idiotic about things they touch. In a chunk of the populace, wearing a mask GREATLY increases the chance of them spreading a virus.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem is not whether or not masks themselves work. The problem is if you'll sit in a spot in front of a store for 5 minutes, you'll see 11 out of 12 people grab the mask with the fingers they just used to open the door with. There. Now, IF the virus is on that door handle, it's now on their hands, face, and mask.

And IF someone wearing a mask had the virus, it's the American way to be fairly ignorant. Let's say the guy entering before you has the virus. Every breath they exhale is multiplying the amount of virus sitting in that fabric touching his face. So now he pulls it over his nose to go inside, and the super magnified virus is now, what, 300 times more likely to land on that doorknob?
It is my opinion that masks only help when people aren't idiots and when everyones hands are constantly wet from sanitizer and when YOU STOP TOUCHING YOUR FACE, MASK, GLASSES, AND CELL PHONE.
/rant

Ok so that was a rather rambling rant.
I'll try to sum it up.
The mask gives a false sense of security for people that are completely idiotic about things they touch. In a chunk of the populace, wearing a mask GREATLY increases the chance of them spreading a virus.
I thought it was an airborne virus?

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may begin as airborne but it seems to last for much longer than most viruses on surfaces

My brother is the head doc at an E.R. in the meteo. I'll tell you there's no way he caught it airborne if its supposedly impossible to catch it airborne using one of those "approved" masks.
He said so himself, and I quote, "I'm pretty sure I picked it up on my hands at work and brought it home".
I'm gonna dig for that article on the cruise ship. They tested tons of surfaces on that ship and found covid on several in a locked quarantined floating skyscaper that hadn't had human contact in weeks

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...-surfaces-contaminated-cdc-report/2905924001/

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Partly. It is carried in the droplets when somebody coughs and can live on surfaces for hours depending on the surface. While it is best not to touch your mask, it's main purpose is to catch the drops in your cough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom