Face Mask, Now We Know

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You've posted a non-sequitur. Karma has nothing to do with "prevention". That's OK, though. You scored a bunch of likes.

Woody

I was referring to your comment “My health is my concern. Your health is your concern...”. There is so much conflicting information regarding the effectiveness of masks. But, I do know medical professionals that I respect, and who are smarter than me, recommend them to help keep me from spreading the virus in the case I was infected. Seems like a small price to pay for my fellow man, even if only marginally effective. That’s where Karma comes in.

Karma means action, work, or deed. The term also refers to the spiritual principle of cause and effect, often descriptively called the principle of karma, wherein intent and actions of an individual (cause) influence the future of that individual (effect):[2] good intent and good deeds contribute to good karma and happier rebirths, while bad intent and bad deeds contribute to bad karma and bad rebirths.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may begin as airborne but it seems to last for much longer than most viruses on surfaces

My brother is the head doc at an E.R. in the meteo. I'll tell you there's no way he caught it airborne if its supposedly impossible to catch it airborne using one of those "approved" masks.
He said so himself, and I quote, "I'm pretty sure I picked it up on my hands at work and brought it home".
I'm gonna dig for that article on the cruise ship. They tested tons of surfaces on that ship and found covid on several in a locked quarantined floating skyscaper that hadn't had human contact in weeks

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...-surfaces-contaminated-cdc-report/2905924001/

Why don't they mandate gloves?
407CEA57-5A9D-4BAA-9DFD-D7755BFB717D.png

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Comparing Covid to flu season is like comparing an Anschutz to a kids kricket . Well so obviously you seem to have NO regards for others. Your choice but not mine. And I am really in very good health but was born with one protein short in my DNA. That protein is necessary for my immune system to send white blood cells to the respiratory system. I’ve had pneumonia 6 times in my life. 3 in the last 5 yrs. Only about 1 in 150000 has this so no cure. Don’t know your age but for a 74 yr old my dr says I’m in the top 15% other than this issue. Sob assuming I’m in poor health is wrong. Figures though considering your opinion on this subject! Lol

Reading is fundamental. The flu can kill up to 500K+ worldwide per year. So that's nothing to sneeze at. The flu can kill just as Covid can, can it not? It can kill a child just the same and anyone that has respiratory issues for that matter. It kills what like 40-80K per year here in the U.S.? Or are those numbers not significant enough for you to "care." So are you going to wear a mask during flu season? Yes or no question. Where's your conviction?

That last statement being rhetorical, I'd respect what you say if it held any water. Again, no comments about social distancing, quarantine, treatments, basic hygiene/sanitary practices, or any sort of supplement prevention at the very least. You just want to shame people into wearing that mask because it makes you feel better, well as the numbers have shown, it has VERY limited results. Especially with regards to anything I just mentioned.

Finally, lots of people have health issues, good for you for managing yours. However I'm STILL not responsible for your health, again, where does that responsibility stop? If you leave the house that's the risk you take, life is tough that way. I grew up with two boys that had Cystic Fibrosis. Long story short, one of them caught the flu on a plane back from St Louis after a transplant check up and passed away. Could that have been prevented?

Now I'm sure you're dying to bust out more strawman arguments but nothing I said means I go around coughing on people. Quite the contrary. I just correct people when they try to shame people into what they should do with their life.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is not whether or not masks themselves work. The problem is if you'll sit in a spot in front of a store for 5 minutes, you'll see 11 out of 12 people grab the mask with the fingers they just used to open the door with. There. Now, IF the virus is on that door handle, it's now on their hands, face, and mask.

And IF someone wearing a mask had the virus, it's the American way to be fairly ignorant. Let's say the guy entering before you has the virus. Every breath they exhale is multiplying the amount of virus sitting in that fabric touching his face. So now he pulls it over his nose to go inside, and the super magnified virus is now, what, 300 times more likely to land on that doorknob?
It is my opinion that masks only help when people aren't idiots and when everyones hands are constantly wet from sanitizer and when YOU STOP TOUCHING YOUR FACE, MASK, GLASSES, AND CELL PHONE.
/rant

Ok so that was a rather rambling rant.
I'll try to sum it up.
The mask gives a false sense of security for people that are completely idiotic about things they touch. In a chunk of the populace, wearing a mask GREATLY increases the chance of them spreading a virus.

We went into a store the other day in OKC and weren't wearing our masks. There was hardly any people in the store and absolutely none within 10 or 20 feet of us until one of the employees walked up and stated that no one could check us out unless we were wearing masks. What got me was that he had three masks in his hand, presumably for us to wear. We really just walked out, but I really should have asked him if they were so serious about masking and virus spreading, why was he putting his germs on the masks that he wanted us to wear.

But, I know...he was just following orders.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading is fundamental. The flu can kill up to 500K+ worldwide per year. So that's nothing to sneeze at. The flu can kill just as Covid can, can it not? It can kill a child just the same and anyone that has respiratory issues for that matter. It kills what like 40-80K per year here in the U.S.? Or are those numbers not significant enough for you to "care." So are you going to wear a mask during flu season? Yes or no question. Where's your conviction?

That last statement being rhetorical, I'd respect what you say if it held any water. Again, no comments about social distancing, quarantine, treatments, basic hygiene/sanitary practices, or any sort of supplement prevention at the very least. You just want to shame people into wearing that mask because it makes you feel better, well as the numbers have shown, it has VERY limited results. Especially with regards to anything I just mentioned.

Finally, lots of people have health issues, good for you for managing yours. However I'Bravom STILL not responsible for your health, again, where does that responsibility stop? If you leave the house that's the risk you take, life is tough that way. I grew up with two boys that had Cystic Fibrosis. Long story short, one of them caught the flu on a plane back from St Louis after a transplant check up and passed away. Could that have been prevented?

Now I'm sure you're dying to bust out more strawman arguments but nothing I said means I go around coughing on people. Quite the contrary. I just correct people when they try to shame people into what they should do with their life.
Bravo, well said and I agree 1000%

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I are not maskers unless it’s absolutely required like in a Dr office etc.
A lot of business/restaurants have the signs posted but don’t really care if you have one or not.
If an employee objects, we just walk out with no argument and find the business’s that don’t object to spend our money in.
We have been fed so much bull-butter by our government, the CDC, the WHO and others with zero medical training like Governors and mayors while moving the goalposts almost daily at times that we can’t believe any of it as fact, only speculation because nobody really knows how it’s transmitted. This thread proves it.
We have been attacked by social justice warriors that came running toward us in a parking lot telling us we need to mask up to save lives. WTF??
Had a lady come up to me in an outdoor situation wearing a mask, a clear plastic barrier around her neck facing up and a clear plastic hood like one would wear while running a grinder over all of that start dressing me down about covid like I’d just murdered one of her kids from about 2’ away while waving her bony finger in my face.
I gently reminded her she was in violation of my social distance, was a fawking lunatic and to GTF out of my face.
I don’t get people like this.
We know people that have religiously worn the proper PPE, quarantined, ordered everything online and so on to stay away from people. So guess who came down with covid? Yep you guessed right, they did.
We are around 8-12 people daily, don’t wear any PPE, and have to our knowledge never had it.
We suspect I may have had it but never took a test. What was the point?
Just like any illness, you deal with it using over the counter products until a professional medical person needs to be involved because you couldn’t handle it any more.
That’s my theory anyway and I’m sticking with it. Been a winner so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom