Father find $200 and sentenced to one year probation for making son walk home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What they're not telling you is the kid was 6, wearing a boy scout uniform, and the mile consisted of Catholic Churches that preach exclusively to sex offenders. It's called "the crucible." Damn media
He was 8yrs old.

When De Mond got home, he said he turned around and within five minutes was back at the location where he dropped him off.

"I was hollering his name, and he's nowhere to be found," he said.

De Mond called his wife at work.

"I went back and forth three times along the road," he said. "At this point, I'm pretty frantic."

He called police dispatch, and learned police had his son at the school.

De Mond and his wife arrived at the school, not knowing how or why his son got there.

"I wanted to see my son to see if everything's OK and talk to my son," he said.

Instead, his wife signaled to him that he was going to be arrested.

He learned that his neighbor found the boy, but rather than bring him home, took him to school and called police.
The kid was standing by the road crying and someone who lived nearby took him back to school and called police.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I once had to walk home about 3 miles thru the country, but my mom followed right behind me.
Learned my lesson about mouthing off in the car..

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I would have told the judge to etadic, spent my night in jail, and told her to go f a goat, got another free meal and then go home.
That's not what he did.
He was sentenced to probation, a $200 fine and parenting classes.

De Mond said his final court hearing on the matter was Wednesday, but he is continuing to take parenting classes.

He said it has also been difficult for his wife and him, especially since he coaches kids' soccer and football sports.

"I'm a pretty big figure in the community for multiple sports," he said. "For me getting through this and past it was my concern. I'ts made me a stronger person, and made me think about being a parent a lot more.

"It also puts me in a spot," De Mond said. "I'm happy to be accountable for my actions if I'm going to preach and tell that to my kids."

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In reference to the article you posted.
Did the judge castrate him too? He sounds like a sissy now.
I'm thinking his heartfelt contrition might have something to do with keeping parents on his little league sports teams confident to let their kids play on his teams.
Some of those parents might start thinking he would dump their kids on the side of the road too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom