Favorite Lower parts kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cheap ol DPMS parts kit with the junkyard genius trigger job. Mil spec trigger breaks right above 3# with no creep at all.

i have the junkyard trigger job in my ar, it's nice but make sure you lock tight it. I had some issues with it first I had it screwed in too far causing issues (combined with too heavy of a hammer) second issue I had was I didn't lock tight the set screw and it worked its way up while firing the rifle causing the trigger not to reset with out pushing it forward to force it to reset, and it would not engage the safety.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why buy cheap and have to loctite an LPK? Even the PSA's LPKs haven't been junk that I've used.

I can't understand why you would rig up a trigger on something that is there to protect your life. With as cheap as parts are these days. Hell Geissele SSA-E were down to $165, not much better out there.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a screw that that takes up the slack in the trigger. After the lock tight I'm a few hundred rounds and it's fine.

It plus the jp springs equals a wonderful trigger, if I can achieve a great trigger for $20 compared to $200 that's what I'm going to do.

somarsmi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used one cmmg, one rock river, and two dpms lower parts kits. All work great. I purchased a Jard LE trigger for an SPR type rifle and it just crapped out after 120 rounds. I am saving up for SSA-E and hoping it has good reliability.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I just made a mistake. Bought a couple Anderson LPK's, the salesman of course said they were milspec... Definitely a subpar kit, with subpar parts... Lesson learned

Latest posts

Top Bottom