Favorite Lower parts kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For my scoped AR's in a recce or dmr config, I typically like a Geissele SSA-E triggers. For rifles that may pull double duty as recon or cqb, I'll go with a SSA or the Larue Tactical trigger, which sits right in between the SSA and SSA-E in the break.

For my pew pew pew guns, I like the 3g type triggers. The new franklin armory trigger has me intrigued.

For everything else, I just use milspec triggers. Typically a ALG, PSA enhanced trigger or Spikes Tactical enhanced. For parts kit triggers, I will lightly polish the trigger to get rid of the grit. Again the key is a light polish to not remove the thin surface hardening on a trigger. I've had triggers fail and double on me because someone removed the hardening and over time the surface engagements were worn away to the point of being unsafe.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I just made a mistake. Bought a couple Anderson LPK's, the salesman of course said they were milspec... Definitely a subpar kit, with subpar parts... Lesson learned

Retraction! The above statement turns out to be false.I apologize for the mistake, I wasn't pushing down hard enough on the disconnector to line the holes up.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Retraction! The above statement turns out to be false.I apologize for the mistake, I wasn't pushing down hard enough on the disconnector to line the holes up.

Pretty common. People don't often realize this.

I just checked out part by part the 3 Anderson LPKs I bought for our AR build party and they all appear to be fine, with all parts included. I thought one was missing the disconnector spring, but it turns out it rolled off the table and into the carpet as I emptied the parts. Found it when I dropped another part and had to look for it on the carpet. All's well that ends well! :D

Everything I've ever bought from Anderson was gtg.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Pro tip of the day. Get an extra trigger/hammer pin and cut it off to the same length as the width of the trigger, use the short pin as a blind pin so that you can assemble the trigger group outside of the lower and push the blind pin out with the trigger pin.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pro tip of the day. Get an extra trigger/hammer pin and cut it off to the same length as the width of the trigger, use the short pin as a blind pin so that you can assemble the trigger group outside of the lower and push the blind pin out with the trigger pin.

Good advise, I usually use a punch to keep it together I see the lower. Your idea is much better. I've used a strong magnet on the front takedown pin to hold the detent the last 7-8 I've done. Saves the detent from shooting out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom