Federal 9mm 115gr +p+

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This load doesent really perform any better than a newer load...like Gold Dot 124gr+P. In fact for some real worl performance...1186 fps...111/4 inches penetration in gelatin and the jacket came off and it fragmented. That was from a CCI wound ballistics workshop I attended a few years ago. It was an ok load I guess but there are others that perform as well and are easier to find.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the stuff. It is my main CC round. If you research online, it still holds its own even when compared to the "new" rounds available. I like it because it is affordable. I would NEVER trust a round in my CC gun without vetting it first. By vetting, I mean AT LEAST 250 rounds or more. At less than 20 bucks for 50 rounds, the Federal PBPLE +P+ round is about half of what other self-defense rounds cost. Cheap enough to "VETT" accordingly, and cheap enough to have on hand to practice with on occassion. There are other rounds that probably have a better terminal performance, but NOTHING will beat an accurate shot put where it needs to be. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. I chroned them out of my M&P 9mm at @ 1300 FPS and @ 1310 out of a CZ-75. I got about 1275FPS out of a Glock. The accuracy is phenomonal and I have NEVER had a misfire with over 1K rounds fired. I would trust my life to them. I dont recommend them out of a sub-compact 9mm. It hurts like heck to shoot them.

Streichers sells it for 19.99 a box. Get on their mailing list and they have special deals every once in a while. I bought 2K rounds recently at 15% off and free shipping. HECK of a deal.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good track record but I don't see it. Old timer's speak favorably and gel performance+street cred is good, but I'd rather carry the latest and greatest.

ck0s99

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got About 400 rounds left out of 500.so I guess I'll just keep packing it. Shoots real well out of the kahr CW9. It dOes pack quite a punch in that small of a gun. I just picked up a m&p vtac today so I'm defiantly going to enjoy a larger auto with the +p+ thanks for all the info. I'll look up the Streichers site and see what the got.

WillR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just FYI sg ammo has good deals on 500 round boxes of many popular defense rounds at prices you might actually shoot and practice with. It gets pretty expensive when you are buying 20 round boxes at close to a dollar a shot. It's very important to know that your ammo is going to run in your gun, and shooting 20 rounds isn't going to tell you this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom