Federal judge says those accused of felonies still have Second Amendment rights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So in your opinion what factors in to determining if someone "cannot be trusted to be out of jail" and therefore "they need to be dead". One violent crime? Two? Three or more? Also, if it involves just one incident, are the circumstances surrounding the crime taken into consideration or are all violent crimes just lumped into the same category? And who makes the call? The DOJ? The same system that produces biased and corrupt Judges and District Attorney's who have already proved THEY can't be trusted? What about mental health? Is a crime committed by someone who truly was not responsible for their actions and can not be treated to a point where he (or she) can be trusted out in society an automatic ticket to be strapped down for a date with the needle too? I don't have a problem with capital punishment, as a matter of fact I am all for it, I'm really just curious how you would apply it since everything is so obvious to you and apparently you have all the answers.
There are folks who want to torture people to death. I figure we should treat the really sicko types the same way we would a rabid dog. You do not confine them with other dogs, you do not torture them, you just kill them as quickly and painlessly as possible. The folks who kill others usually work their way up from animals to humans. I'd honestly prefer to stop it when they're still working on mice and such, but maybe that is too soon. I would, regardless of age, kill all rapists. Falsely claiming someone committed a rape would also get someone an execution. I am not, however, a fan of our so-called justice system, as it is run today. Maybe the folks who administer justice need to be subject to the same justice if it can be proven that they railroaded someone? I like that idea.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keeping violent criminals locked up negates the need for further investigations related to recidivism, and the only way to keep guns out of the hands of violent criminals is to keep those hands locked up with the criminals they are attached to.

Sentencing guidelines need to be established as a measure to protect society from criminals and not simply to punish. As far as deterrence goes, the law doesn't stop criminals in the first place.

Woody
I don't know just look to Chicago, Philadelphia and NYC?

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are folks who want to torture people to death. I figure we should treat the really sicko types the same way we would a rabid dog. You do not confine them with other dogs, you do not torture them, you just kill them as quickly and painlessly as possible. The folks who kill others usually work their way up from animals to humans. I'd honestly prefer to stop it when they're still working on mice and such, but maybe that is too soon. I would, regardless of age, kill all rapists. Falsely claiming someone committed a rape would also get someone an execution. I am not, however, a fan of our so-called justice system, as it is run today. Maybe the folks who administer justice need to be subject to the same justice if it can be proven that they railroaded someone? I like that idea.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So according to you a 15 year old female for example, who makes a false report that a teacher raped her should be executed. I'm curious because that's exactly what you said. Regarding the execution of "all rapists". Let me first make it clear that I detest the crime. I worked more than a few cases of sexual assault during my time in law enforcement and, in my opinion, rapists are cowards and some of the lowest of the low and I'm all for ridding the planet of them. However, even though I never dealt with it, I understand that there can be extenuating circumstances like, as I brought up earlier (and you didn't address) honest mental issues that have a direct impact on a persons actions and can prevent him from understanding what he's doing. Should they also "kill" individuals who committed a sexual assault in spite of the fact that they really weren't responsible for their actions?

The point I'm trying to make is you are over-simplifying the whole process by making all these broad statements about how you believe justice should be delivered. In doing so you continue to fail to take into account that there may be factors involved which would dictate that a different solution would be appropriate. This not only applies to the above scenarios it applies to a variety of circumstances that you seem to believe should warrant nothing but a death sentence.

Lastly, you claim that "the folks who kill others usually work their way up from animals to humans". Obviously I've heard that before and I'm not doubting it, but since I never encountered any evidence of it with the individuals we arrested for homicide it would be nice to see proof to back up your statement.

Last edited:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Innocent until proven guilty in court beyond a reasonable doubt.

If reasonable doubt exist, then you must acquit.

Once a sentence has been served, set them free, or do we punish some more with "extended sentences" that really never end?

I see both sides of the argument, but are we a free country or not?

There was a time when a sentence was served, that was the end of it. Not any more.

I dont have the answer anymore and that bothers me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom