Film Execs Finally Concede James Bond Is ‘Male’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is funny is every time someone has an opinion about anything other that the way you think they are "pearl clutchers". Get over your self, people are allowed to have differing opinions! It would be a sad sad world if everyone were in lock step with... you!

Ha, there are many, many threads on this site where i don't make an effort to express my difference of opinion.

And i have no problem with differing opinions, but i also don't have to tolerate the ones i find repugnant or particularly stupid, either. The faux outrage around some issues is too much to ignore. Especially when the topic is intended to do little more than stir the pot.

And yes, it's funny that you jump on me for having a different opinion. Clearly we all need to 'get over ourselves', as you say.

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Complaining about someone with a differing opinion by stating that people are allowed to have different opinions doesn't strike you as more than a bit ironic?
Ha, there are many, many threads on this site where i don't make an effort to express my difference of opinion.

And i have no problem with differing opinions, but i also don't have to tolerate the ones i find repugnant or particularly stupid, either. The faux outrage around some issues is too much to ignore. Especially when the topic is intended to do little more than stir the pot.

And yes, it's funny that you jump on me for having a different opinion. Clearly we all need to 'get over ourselves', as you say.

You did not state an opinion you accused other people of " Clutching pearls " for stating their opinion. Repugnant and stupid is really strong feelings to have over whether or not somebody else does not like something. What about folks not wanting James Bond to be a woman disturbs you so deeply!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is funny is every time someone has an opinion about anything other that the way you think they are "pearl clutchers". Get over your self, people are allowed to have differing opinions! It would be a sad sad world if everyone were in lock step with... you!
Yeah, he whined about me attacking his posts, while that is his modus operandi with the liberal views.
I just take it for what it is, and move along.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

What's amazing is that you just had issues in your reply with differing opinions in this post using your own words while you also say you have no problem with different opinions. Using your words of the past, "are you drinking or drunk" when others have differing opinions to your posts?
If you personally find comments particularly stupid or repugnant,(your words) you feel you have a right to argue that point. Yet you disparage and impune those that disagree with you by personal insults.
I'm seeing a pattern here.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You did not state an opinion you accused other people of " Clutching pearls " for stating their opinion. Repugnant and stupid is really strong feelings to have over whether or not somebody else does not like something. What about folks not wanting James Bond to be a woman disturbs you so deeply!!

actually, i was speaking in a larger, general sense, since your question was 'every time someone'. My apologies for not being specific to this thread and topic.

And again, i never said they can't have an opinion. But they (and i) are not free from criticism of such things. And yes, with regards to many social-issue related topics (such as the gender of a fictional character), many of these posts don't do anything but bring out the people who choose to be outraged.

If the gender of James Bond is vital to your sense of self, then i genuinely apologize for being rude towards your feelings. But i'm guessing it isn't and that you're pretty good at guessing which issues are and aren't really worthy of worrying about on the internet.

Last edited:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's amazing is that you just had issues in your reply with differing opinions in this post using your own words while you also say you have no problem with different opinions. Using your words of the past, "are you drinking or drunk" when others have differing opinions to your posts?
If you personally find comments particularly stupid or repugnant,(your words) you feel you have a right to argue that point. Yet you disparage and impune those that disagree with you by personal insults.
I'm seeing a pattern here.

sorry, but i had no issue with his reply, just found it funny. He is free to criticize my opinions, just as I am his.

I rarely try to insult people directly here, though i guess I can see where some might take some of my comments as such.

Last edited:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, he whined about me attacking his posts, while that is his modus operandi with the liberal views.
I just take it for what it is, and move along.

Who whined? You seem intent on posting straw man arguments to many of things i say (such as ascribing a political position to myself and my comments). I never said you can't have an opinion about anything, but again, i don't feel i have to refrain from (continuing) to point out when you are wrong.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On topic: I think it's about damned time they had a female James (Jamie) Bond. I just hope they cast someone hot and sexy enough to turn me on the way Sean did the women for so many years! Equality and all that ya know :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom