finally scored a 10/22 ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
finally scored a 10/22 ...

after hearing from everyone about how good they are... finally purchased a 1973 10/22 in dead stock condition.

first impression is one of quality ... nice stock with tiger wood peeking out and nice metal work. everything operates crisp and clean ... trigger is very heavy at 6+ lbs, but pulls smoothly with no creep.

no fancy drop-in triggers for me, will be pulling it down and doing a trigger job and stoning every internal rubbing part. will probably install an over travel screw in trigger body too.

now to go out and see if this shoots accurately...

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_10_22.JPG

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_10_22b.JPG

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_10_22c.JPG

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great rifle! My old friend bought one at the Otasco store in Poteau back in 1969 or 70 and he and his son still use it all the time. I have a fairly recent version of the same rifle from about 10 years ago, but it has a birch stock and plastic buttplate, etc. You rifle with the nice walnut stock looks 10X better.

My rifle does have neat sights, though. I put a Williams receiver sight on the rear and a Williams Firesight on the front; makes a good combination.

Cedar Creek

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 10/22, it was my first gun. I keep telling myself I want to do some mods, but I can't bring myself to do anything other than the scope I added to it, lol. It's such a good little shooter it doesn't need any help.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that's exactly the plan... leaving it bone stock, except a Leupold scope & mount.

tore it down tonight and stoned all sliding parts. pulled trigger/hammer assembly down and stoned the sear. putting trigger back together when a tiny spring... sprong.

searched for the last hour with no luck... now are in my spare springs bin... arrrrgggghhhh!!!

naturally I took a ton of shots to guide me back together

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Very nice. If I had one of that vintage I would leave it bone stock. Then if I got in the mood to pimp out a 10/22 I'd run to Walmart and buy a newer one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom