Fire in Glencoe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live on Fairgrounds, about 1.5 miles south of 51. I have been monitoring the situation through a couple of friends that live in Glencoe as awell as my good buddy who is a STW fireman. You are not in danger, neither is my place. Glencoe lost about a 1/3 of the town, the bulk of Glencoe is safe.

The Fires we had on Monday were WAY closer that the Glenco fire, I had one within a mile of my place, luckily for me, the wind was taking it away from me. From what I am hearing, the glenco fire was caused by oil field welders.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live on Fairgrounds, about 1.5 miles south of 51. I have been monitoring the situation through a couple of friends that live in Glencoe as awell as my good buddy who is a STW fireman. You are not in danger, neither is my place. Glencoe lost about a 1/3 of the town, the bulk of Glencoe is safe.

The Fires we had on Monday were WAY closer that the Glenco fire, I had one within a mile of my place, luckily for me, the wind was taking it away from me. From what I am hearing, the glenco fire was caused by oil field welders.

Good to hear about you two, sad for 1/3 Glencoe

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. Just fine. T-storms moving in now.
I went to go donate water at Glencoe, there are still some trees burning and many embers along 108. A whole patch of trees are alight at around Airport and Prairie.
I was following a vehicle out there until they stopped by what was a house. There were trees and vehicles still going. They got out and walked what was left of their land...very sad.
Hopefully the lightning won't start anymore fires and there won't be any tomorrow. But I'm keeping my stuff packed and ready.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. Just fine. T-storms moving in now.
I went to go donate water at Glencoe, there are still some trees burning and many embers along 108. A whole patch of trees are alight at around Airport and Prairie.
I was following a vehicle out there until they stopped by what was a house. There were trees and vehicles still going. They got out and walked what was left of their land...very sad.
Hopefully the lightning won't start anymore fires and they're won't be any tomorrow. But I'm keeping my stuff packed and ready.

Seeing faint flashes of lighting in the N., storms are moving due E.,let's hope they drop S.

Latest posts

Top Bottom