Firearm Confiscation In Moore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not seeing reports online about police shooting horses...and the horses mentioned are located on 19th and Western, or close by.

About 100 horses were killed by the storm, which was their entire stock.

Can't see police having to beg ammo from homeowners when there are so many officers in the immediate area, each of which probably carries a minimum of abbout 50 rounds.

Would someone kindly post a link showing where police are shooting horses?

Would you be happy if someone told you they saw it happening?

I saw it happening.

I don't think anyone could really understand the type of injuries and what horrible shape these animals were in without seeing it themselves. You won't get a detailed description from me, because it's one of those things I'd rather not discuss.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, a willful and intentional violation of state law would strip the government agent of their qualified immunity(?) Under those circumstances, a "will file" for grand larceny should hold up in court.

Good luck getting a DA to press the case though. :(

No, but reporting it as a simple larceny may get it investigated and the facts documented. Then one has ammo for a civil suit. Who is to say that these guys were real LEOs or National Guard? Especially since LEOs are trained and licensed by the state and presumed to know the law.

Another thing. The NRA offers firearms theft insurance as a membership benefit. We're all NRA members, right? Insurance companies generally investigate claims before they pay them, which is another way to get the evidence documented.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would you be happy if someone told you they saw it happening?

I saw it happening.

I don't think anyone could really understand the type of injuries and what horrible shape these animals were in without seeing it themselves. You won't get a detailed description from me, because it's one of those things I'd rather not discuss.

As a matter of fact, it would, seeing as to how a thread has been based upon a co-worker's brother in law saying that weapons were confiscated, and nothing else.

I've put down dogs and cats with a firearm when no vets or shelter were close, so it's not a foreign idea to me.

I question the police having to beg for ammo from homeowners, when they have an ample supply of officers and extra high capacity firearms.

Only the horses that were still alive would need to be put down, the vast majority were already dead...can't see them having to scrounge for ammo.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a matter of fact, it would, seeing as to how a thread has been based upon a co-worker's brother in law saying that weapons were confiscated, and nothing else.

I've put down dogs and cats with a firearm when no vets or shelter were close, so it's not a foreign idea to me.

I question the police having to beg for ammo from homeowners, when they have an ample supply of officers and extra high capacity firearms.

Only the horses that were still alive would need to be put down, the vast majority were already dead...can't see them having to scrounge for ammo.

You live in a make believe world Brotha.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

if you were a police officer stationed there knowing you weren't leaving for awhile and depleted your ammo wouldn't you want to refill your magazines? no one said anyone begged they ask if we might have any extra ammo, we didn't for all i know they could have wanted to buy it

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you were a police officer stationed there knowing you weren't leaving for awhile and depleted your ammo wouldn't you want to refill your magazines? no one said anyone begged they ask if we might have any extra ammo, we didn't for all i know they could have wanted to buy it

Begging, asking, whatever.
There were and are scores of officers in the area, and they were and are able to travel.
Its just a simple call on the radio to have another officer there with ammo.
I was stuck in traffice there about the time you said the horses were being shot, and police officers were able to travel from station to station.
They don't have to leave their stations to go get it.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
jakeman just told you he saw it happening, i told what they said to me yet you insist on calling us liars unless you see some news reports. believe it or don't i couldn't give a **** less about you

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Easy guys, everyone in the area affected is going through alot right now. Let's not have tempers flare on the interwebs because of heightened tensions all day long.

I will say that Wesson; you've had two or more people who have been long time members in good standing on this forum give first hand accounts of their experiences now, what else do you want? Should we all wear frickin' go pros on our frickin' heads?

sites.psu.edu_cas137hrth_files_2012_10_dr_evil.jpg

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of a no-brainer for me. This is an epic disaster scene.

If I'm a LEO on duty, I would have to consider that I may well be living out of my cruiser, with little relief, for days and I only have my duty load and some spares in the trunk. More ammunition isn't just a radio call away unless I'm in a firefight, and maybe not even then. (anyone remember reading about some ammo shortages?)

In that situation, I would decide that it isn't wise to deplete my ammunition for animal disposal unless I have no other option....if I can get a citizen to donate some of my caliber, why not?

Very plausible and probable scenario in my view.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Kind of a no-brainer for me. This is an epic disaster scene.

If I'm a LEO on duty, I would have to consider that I may well be living out of my cruiser, with little relief, for days and I only have my duty load and some spares in the trunk. More ammunition isn't just a radio call away unless I'm in a firefight, and maybe not even then. (anyone remember reading about some ammo shortages?)

In that situation, I would decide that it isn't wise to deplete my ammunition for animal disposal unless I have no other option....if I can get a citizen to donate some of my caliber, why not?

Very plausible and probable scenario in my view.

For 10 minutes unsupervised in the evidence room and I'll give you all the ammo you want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom