Firearm in car on company property.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiyot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would give them the right to search a vehicle?

Already been answered, but just like the Weyerhauser employees getting fired. From what I recall they were out there searching vehicles for drugs and came across the guns. And yea I do go along with your coercion comment...nothing like "do this or you lose your job" to help you give incentive to consent.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I live in fear of having my vehicle searched at work. Supposedly, of course, they can no longer fire you for storing your gun in your car at work (in any area set aside for a vehicle, etc.), but they'd fire you for something else if they found it.

scubaokie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked for a large Oklahoma University as a Faculty and staff member and also lived on University Property so I was basically left defenseless. I could not have a Weapon of any kind including a firearm on my person, in my personal vehicle or in my home. Our college campuses are a criminals dream!

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
scubaokie, I have brought that up with my Representative during our conversations on campus carry. I pointed out that you have a situation where adults can lease/rent property much like they could "in town", but since the university is the "landlord" they can get away with rental agreements that commercial leases cant have in them, e.g. no firearms policies.

It definitely ain't right. In particular, when you look at how OSU's Stillwater campus has spilled across Hall of Fame and now there's campus apartments where there used to be private homes (never mind the BS eminent domain shenanigans that probably entailed) and you wonder what's the effective difference in living on one side of McElroy or another. South you can't have a gun in your house, because it's OSU. Makes me crazy.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked for a large Oklahoma University as a Faculty and staff member and also lived on University Property so I was basically left defenseless. I could not have a Weapon of any kind including a firearm on my person, in my personal vehicle or in my home. Our college campuses are a criminals dream!

This effectively says it all....

Replace the word criminal with liberal and it's the same.

scubaokie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only way to get around this situation is to get a letter from the University president. It just seems to me like many of the places that I would consider the largest targets are also the places where right to carry is severely limited or outright denied.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only way to get around this situation is to get a letter from the University president.

Let's see. Boren is an obvious no, and you'd think that Hargis, being the former "conservative" talk type would be different, but you'd be wrong.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Oh no, Hargis considers all military vets potential basket cases ready to go on shooting sprees, and that OK's "best and brightest" are too stupid to fend for themselves. Ok, so paraphrase, but pretty much true. And all in one public statement too. I was not impressed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom