Firearm transaction red flags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if they signed a form saying they have good intentions? Would that work?

Lol no. He sold the gun to me and made me fill it out. At the time I didn't care because I had never owned a gun before. I think it was the cop part of him that required it done. I wouldn't use one if I sold a gun but I still won't sell one to a stranger. It's just my choice.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a person doesn't have any feedback I'll reply with "if you're good to go we can...."

I do check tags.

It gives me the Willy's for someone to want my info.

The last time someone wanted me to sign something ended up wanting to pay with PayPal ... he ended up giving me a deposit so I'd hold it, then he followed me home and drove past my house...

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
What gives you bad vibes?

I just listen to the inner voice in my head. I did a armslist transaction once and all communication up until the actual FTF went well. When the seller showed up he was acting really nervous and wouldn't make eye contact for longer than a few seconds. I just looked the gun over and told him I wasn't interested in making the deal. Gave him 10 bucks to cover his gas and went on my way.

Don't know if anything was wrong, and I have done about two dozen deals with people and this was the only time I felt uncomfortable.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a person doesn't have any feedback I'll reply with "if you're good to go we can...."

I do check tags.

It gives me the Willy's for someone to want my info.

The last time someone wanted me to sign something ended up wanting to pay with PayPal ... he ended up giving me a deposit so I'd hold it, then he followed me home and drove past my house...

Sounds like a good way to get some free body work done to your vehicle if you ask me.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If it makes someone feel better, I may or may not let them look look at my CCL, just depends on my read of the situation. I do not allow them to write things down, to much identity theft going on. And if a silly bill of sale is required I'll "sign" it.
FWIW
If you sell a gun to someone online. You will either have the PM convo, email convo, text convo, or call log documented. A username, phone number, or email will lead police to someone faster than your "bill of sale." Why do you need more info? If someone is using a fake email, phone number, or user info, they are already two steps a head of you, seeing their license or having a bill of sale won't do ****...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What gives you bad vibes?

Good question. I don't know how to describe it but I know it when I feel it LOL.

For the record, I've yet to refuse a transaction once it reached the FTF phase. I have declined a few before we ever go to that point due to inconsistencies in communication, strange probing questions etc...

Latest posts

Top Bottom