First 50 converted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a cheap bastard too and decided to try and do my own. . . Throwing ty money and gallon bags full of clean brass probably would have been the smart thing to do.

I just dropped another 50 on a trim pro 3 way cutter and I am hooking the drill motor up to my trimmer. .012 doesn't seem like much to trim but after about 150 cases I am sick of trimming by hand then chamfering and deburing.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a cheap bastard too and decided to try and do my own. . . Throwing ty money and gallon bags full of clean brass probably would have been the smart thing to do.

I just dropped another 50 on a trim pro 3 way cutter and I am hooking the drill motor up to my trimmer. .012 doesn't seem like much to trim but after about 150 cases I am sick of trimming by hand then chamfering and deburing.

no matter how involved you get Its all about the love of the work and the pride in doing / making it yourself. I really enjoy it but have stopped all but for active OSA members. If a guy had the time and didn't charge an arm and leg for it there could be a full time job. I love it but I love the little time I get with my wife and kids too.. At the moment Im not really taking any new orders. I have a couple bags to get out and then I'm going to be installing the PW autodrive and one of Alank2's controllers. I'll have to do a bit of maintenance in the machine and QC before I start printing the brass out again.

For all that care... Here is a short video of me converting some brass. Is is quite a bit slower and not near as smooth as I usually run them through the press but that's because I'm holding the camera phone and pumping the handle at the same time

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i...E-B339-E48E89E943CD-5694-000003E9FE0C0C1B.mp4

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got his snazzy little jig from a guy on 300blk talk

It was good talking with you today! When you mentioned using a chop saw, I had this mental image of a 14" saw with a big cold-cut blade, and you using your fingers to position the case. Glad to see the reality is far from that :wink2:

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was good talking with you today! When you mentioned using a chop saw, I had this mental image of a 14" saw with a big cold-cut blade, and you using your fingers to position the case. Glad to see the reality is far from that :wink2:

No, Its still a 14' chop saw he just has freakishly large hands!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I ran a hotsaw and a bandsaw in a foundry for a while as well as grinding pouring and running furnaces. I also ran CNC press brakes, panel benders, flying head punches and presses for a few years to. I have seen guys do things just like that.

No, Its still a 14' chop saw he just has freakishly large hands!

I wish!

Latest posts

Top Bottom