First batch of handloads...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First batch of .45 acp handloads done! now tomorrow to the range to see how they fair...
When I first got started reloading, I would go shooting just so I could reload some more. This weekend I managed to load up 700 rounds of .45, I'll do another 300 this week for a cool 1000 rounds. Maybe they will get me through the next 4 or 5 weeks.

Let us know how yours work out.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First batch of .45 acp handloads done! now tomorrow to the range to see how they fair...

Did you just load up a handful to test or did you load a bunch? I just recently got into reloading and the part I hated the most was loading about 10 rounds going and testing them, loading 10, testing, until I had a load I was happy with. This wouldn't be so bad if I could just step outside and test them, but having to go to the range each day to shoot 10 rounds was killing me. I would get into the groove of loading and stop because 10 rounds took only 2 minutes. Now that I have loads worked up I can sit down and have 400 rounds done in an hour.

Started loading 3 weeks ago, and once I had my loads I was loading everything I could get my hands on. I have over 1k rounds of 124gr 9mm waiting to be shot, and after today will have 200 rounds of 124gr gold dot loads. Now to start working up a 115gr load so I can load up all my 115gr fmj and jhp.

This stuff is addicting and hope you loads work well for you!!

HiPower

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you just load up a handful to test or did you load a bunch? I just recently got into reloading and the part I hated the most was loading about 10 rounds going and testing them, loading 10, testing, until I had a load I was happy with. This wouldn't be so bad if I could just step outside and test them, but having to go to the range each day to shoot 10 rounds was killing me. I would get into the groove of loading and stop because 10 rounds took only 2 minutes. Now that I have loads worked up I can sit down and have 400 rounds done in an hour.
Boy, you sure did that the hard way! I'll load all of my test rounds in one batch. To segregate them, I mark the cases with a Sharpie. It's much easier to have to disassemble 20 or 30 rounds than spend days, gas money, etc. figuring out what's good and what's not.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boy, you sure did that the hard way! I'll load all of my test rounds in one batch. To segregate them, I mark the cases with a Sharpie. It's much easier to have to disassemble 20 or 30 rounds than spend days, gas money, etc. figuring out what's good and what's not.

good excuse to go to the range. made with worth my while buy shooting lots of other thing.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
When we moved from town out to the middle of nowhere, I immediately built a shooting bench a backstop at 100y and a pistol backstop at 10y and 20y. I thought I would be out there everyday blasting away. I probably shoot once a month, my friends get a lot of use out of it though.:) Good luck with your loads and give us a report!

chefsamuel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loads worked really well today, no problems, accurate, could use a little more zing, but I loaded to the lowest suggested grains. I think I'll read up the specs and work up the next batch a little more. I loaded up 25 so I could see how they performed etc. They'll work great for target loads at that setting tho.

Latest posts

Top Bottom