First Nat. Bank of Omaha declines to renew VISA contract with NRA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't cancel or you will impact your credit rating. Just charge something insignificant every couple of months to keep it current. And make sure they mail you a bill so you can cost them as much as possible ...

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't add another "knee-jerk" reaction and close your account. jstaylor62 has the right approach. Keep it open, charge some small item every couple of months, and make sure you request paper statements and not online statements. And it does impact your credit rating when you close an account.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Screw credit rating. I would cancel it. I have closed bank accounts out and went to other banks for doing less.
Everyone is worried about credit ratings.. well except me..If I can't afford something I do not buy it.
I have cash and i like cash.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It isn't the credit rating reason for keeping the account, it's the retained cost of them doing business with people who only charge occasionally. It won't hurt FNB one bit for you to close your account, but if the have to keep mailing those multi-page statements to you every month, the cost is the gift that keeps on giving!

FNB has the right to do business with whomever they please, but we can make it cost them.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm asking
It isn't the credit rating reason for keeping the account, it's the retained cost of them doing business with people who only charge occasionally. It won't hurt FNB one bit for you to close your account, but if the have to keep mailing those multi-page statements to you every month, the cost is the gift that keeps on giving!

FNB has the right to do business with whomever they please, but we can make it cost them.
Right. I'm asking for a copy of the cardbmember agreement, and then switching back to paper statements...... and then cancelling.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
37 minute wait.
I told the woman that ' I am the NRA ', and will not do business with those that don't want my business.

Screw them. They folded from internet pressure. I was a paying customer that they lost.

I am unconcerned about a possible hit on my credit rating. My FICO score is over 800, and I have no outstanding loans. Everything we own is paid for, including the house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom