First Nat. Bank of Omaha declines to renew VISA contract with NRA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Good for GA conservatives!"
Oh, not really, not if they believe in the free market. Using the power of government--particularly the tax power--to bully companies for their views is a great steaming pile of BS, regardless of what viewpoint is being supported.
Let the market pimp-slap Delta, not the tax man.

FROM SdoubleA ON THE STUPID STUFF FORUM---DOUBLE STANDARDS & HYPOCRISY ABOUND:

28468103_1681578321925333_1812889793918842865_n-png.114732

Last edited:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FROM SdoubleA ON THE STUPID STUFF FORUM---DOUBLE STANDARDS & HYPOCRISY ABOUND:

28468103_1681578321925333_1812889793918842865_n-png.114732

Non-sequitur. "Offering discounts to your members" is not the same as "doing business with you." Also, being pro-Second-Amendment isn't a protected class; in the baker and florist cases, sexual orientation is a protected class.

The problem is the existence of protected classes; we all ought to be able to do business, or not, with anyone we please, for whatever reasons we please.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Non-sequitur. "Offering discounts to your members" is not the same as "doing business with you." Also, being pro-Second-Amendment isn't a protected class; in the baker and florist cases, sexual orientation is a protected class.

The problem is the existence of protected classes; we all ought to be able to do business, or not, with anyone we please, for whatever reasons we please.

i'm sorry, you failed to put your answer in the form of a meme

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Good for GA conservatives!"

Oh, not really, not if they believe in the free market. Using the power of government--particularly the tax power--to bully companies for their views is a great steaming pile of BS, regardless of what viewpoint is being supported.

Let the market pimp-slap Delta, not the tax man.

i believe i saw last night that Virginia and at least one other state are using this as an opportunity to court Delta to move out of GA. I'm sure it'd take a lot to get them to move because of how situated they are at Hartsfield, but i'd love to see Delta announce an 'amazon-esc' search for a new headquarters. Delta is a huge employer in GA.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem with boycotts is that there will be many good employees, many of which probably agree with us, that will lose their jobs if the boycott is effective. Not that boycotts are often called for, but there are always unintended consequences to every action.

Latest posts

Top Bottom