First pics........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
......yielded about what I expected. Skunks, coons, coyotes, bobcats, rabbits, squirrels and a boat load of doe, fawns, and knot heads.
What larger buck pics I had, I only got one pic of them. There's so much milo and beans, I'm sure there's bachelor groups of matures, living on the edges of the feed, so time to start glassing in the evenings. (I know where there's a nice one about a mile away :) )I'd need about 10 cams cover it all, I'm only running two, and most of it's situated where I couldn't check them without bumping deer every time anyway, so I just stay out.

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_IM000948_zps623592d5.jpg

Not sure what's up with this one, though it was a drop tine at first, think it's just his G2 bent backwards.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_IM001153_zps1d60cd63.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll bet its a shred of velvet hanging. I have some pics of bucks with what I thought was grass from their antlers, but the more I looked, its velvet.

That first one has a lot of ribs showing. He might be sick or a really old buck?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Yes he's thin it looks like. Zillion doe/fawn pics. Any doe that was with twins, you could count every rib.............so much feed around, not sure how that's possible. Doves west of your place in the cut milo..OH MY!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No kidding. I was in there last night to change cards, and hundreds were trying to get into the pond. A guy could melt a barrel down with the numbers.

I'm thinking about sitting that NW corner though right at the intersection. That might be far enough away to not disturb the bucks I've been posting pics of. They are hitting the disked crab grass on my quarter too.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
The buck in the top picture was he there last year?

Never seen him before. Been putting out cams there since 2008, and there's only been one buck in all those years that I've seen two years consecutive. I start with a entire new buck population every year it seems. I've got several doe with unique characteristics that I've had pics of for 4+ years.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I start with a entire new buck population every year it seems. I've got several doe with unique characteristics that I've had pics of for 4+ years.

Same here. Never been able to say I've seen a buck year after year.

The old saying that deer live and die in one square mile doesn't count in our area.

I've followed the same set of deer tracks in a muddy road for 5 miles.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only bucks I can confirm have seen multiple years are not ones that I want to put a tag on….

I have had one buck on camera and seen him for about 5-6 years, and I have matching sheds from him three years ago and one shed from him two years ago. I have him on camera already this year. He's old and still looks the same.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Decent mass on that first deer. Second one has character, whatever is the cause.

This is the third year I have seen this buck. First year he wasn't big enough, last year he was. Had him full draw at 30 yards and realized he had broken off his G2 and let him walk. Caught him in the background of one picture so far this year. He is nearly like a longhorn, goes out and never hardly turns back in. Terrible pic, he was just a ghost moving in the shadows.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom