First time you fired a shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spring of 1978/79. We had just moved to the Hughes county area from Claremore, Oklahoma. We had a place out in the country and dad let me shoot his old Smith & Wesson pre model 10. I bust off 6 rounds, looked up at him and said, "I like this!"

About 24/25 years later, Christmas 2003, we are exchanging gifts when dad hands me a super heavy box. Inside is that same revolver and about 150 rounds of ammo. To this day, it is one of my most prized possessions.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like most I got a BB gun, mine was a Crossman pump and id guess I was around 8-9. When I was 10 he took me to the South Coast Gun Club in El Toro that was run by a bunch of Marines. These guys made a tight ship of that range, very safe. For a while we shot a Mossberg 22 Semiauto that was his first gun when he was maybe 12. This would have been back in 1978-79 timeframe.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably the first 22 I shot would be the Stevens crackshot . Early 70's I assume. BB and pellet before that. Having a Dad that was a gun enthusiast , I shot a lot of guns growing up.
IMG_20230408_185421013.jpg

IMG_20210412_211821983~2.jpg

Last edited:

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spring of 1978/79. We had just moved to the Hughes county area from Claremore, Oklahoma. We had a place out in the country and dad let me shoot his old Smith & Wesson pre model 10. I bust off 6 rounds, looked up at him and said, "I like this!"

About 24/25 years later, Christmas 2003, we are exchanging gifts when dad hands me a super heavy box. Inside is that same revolver and about 150 rounds of ammo. To this day, it is one of my most prized possessions.
Love stories like that man. Super special

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was 3-4 years old,,,
My grandfather let me shoot 3-rounds from his Owl's Head revolver.

I believe it was an Iver-Johnson 32,,,
He always had that revolver in his jeans jacket pocket.

It could be 100 degrees outside,,,
He would still be wearing that jacket.

Anyways, after that I was hooked,,,
All I wanted for toys were guns.

Aarond

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too young to remember.

Close to me as well as far as age, but I do remember that I shot a .22 that my dad owned, and we were out rabbit hunting. We would drive along until we saw one and then stop to take our shot. I don't know that I ever knew that brand of rifle he owned, but this would have been the late '40's or early '50's. I think I bought my first gun for $16 at the local hardware/lumber store at about 9 or 10. Dad and I went hunting after I got it, and I got a rabbit on my first shot.

Last edited:

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a Daisy BB gun when I was about 6, wore that thing out running the hills. First real gun was a winchester 62 when I was about 8, in 1958. Dad showed me how. I do not know how much 22 ammo I shot through that thing, a lot.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First gun shot was with my Dads Remington Model 12a .22 with a 4x scope sometime in the mid '50's when I was around 5 or 6 at paper targets nailed to a fallen tree behind our cabin. As I got older I hunted many a rabbit with that rifle which was then eventually stored at my parents house and was last handled when I entered the Army in '69. Eventually it got lost (or stolen) somewhere along the way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom