First time you fired a shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my first BB gun around age 4 or 5. Fired my first 'real' gun, a Stevens 311 double barrel in .410, round 6 years old. Guess that I forgot about the instruction on the two triggers....you can figure out the rest. However, I was 'hooked' right there and then!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was six and we went to my grandpa's farm. I got to shoot his Browning Sweet 16. I was pretty big for a six year old, so I obviously had some help from my dad, and it knocked me on my butt, but I hit the target.

Sadly, the shotgun got burned up in a house fire a few years later, but my dad and grandma moved heaven and earth to find its twin, and I do have that one.

crispy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i went hunting with my dad when i was about 10 or so. we used to go out to this big private farmland out near pryor to dove hunt. i shot a 12 gauge as did my twin brother. he didnt shoulder it tight against his shoulder like i did and about knocked him over. it was hilarious. fast forward about 9 years later, and my oldest brother took me to the shooting range to shoot a dan wesson 1911 he had just bought. i put a full magazine though it and knew that was going to be my hobby for the rest of my life. to this day, i love 1911s more than any other handgun. they just feel right to me lol

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My parents are very conservative people, but growing up we only had BB guns as kids. I remember my dad had what we called an “elephant gun” in the closet but turns out he bought it from my uncle because he was in a financial bind. We didn’t have a lot of money so my parents just never spent money on guns or anything like that . With that being said I don’t believe I fired an actual gun until I was 18 😳😳😳. Don’t judge, I’ve turned out alright for being a weirdo

Latest posts

Top Bottom