First Year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Be warned!! Hunting is very addictive. Once you get started you can't stop. Good luck and if you need some help don't hesitate to ask.

Scott

+1. next year and 3 thousand dollars later.can't say you weren't warned!
welcome and good luck.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a friend who knew someone who knew someone who wanted to lease some land so I guess I was lucky. We've been on it for 4 yrs now but I've been trying to find something closer to the home range and it's not easy to find something I can afford without having a dozen other guys that I don't know on it too.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious...for those who hunt on leased land, where did you find your leases?

Networking through friends and craigslist are a couple of the best places I know of.

One option is the OKC Sportsmans Club. I really liked it when I was a member, but dropped it when my daughter started college. I plan on joining again once she graduates.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great to hear you are joining the hunting community, and congrats on selecting a bow for your first weapon. In my opinion, any animal taken with a bow is a trophy, as you have to use a basket full of woods skills to get close enough to them to make it effective.
I came from a non-hunting family, and had to learn on my own without the internet or any mentors. Its been a pleasant journey, and you are just starting out on yours:D Good luck and keep us posted on your sucesses, and failures. We have all made the failures, and will contribute our solutions.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom