Fishing at Eufala this weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A buddy of mine and I are going to take out 8 year old sons to the lake this weekend (3-13-10) for some fishing. Does anyone know if anything is biting right now at Lake Eufala, and where that might be?

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The folks down that way tell me it's Crappie and Catfish. If you're in a boat try jigs and/or minnows anywhere 5-15' deep. If you're on the bank I understand they are starting to catch some near Crowder & Rock Creek area - still pretty deep. I also heard they were catching quite a bit at the old Fountainhead Marina fishing dock (pay to fish). Pretty good hamburgers there, too. Hope the cold weather doesn't shut things down.

Bassin'ForLife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
best luck I've had are around the bridges, on the bank sides, not the supports. 9A bridge was our best spot, fishing crappie jigs anywhere from 3-15 feet down. white, blue, chartreuse, red, pink and any combination thereof were the best colors.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my mom has been several times this past week and always came home w/ at least 30 crappie per trip

You know, I've been crappie fishing with several women, and it seems they will humble you when it comes to detecting the light bite of a crappie.
I'm in the, roll the boat over with the hook set mentality as I used to do the tournament bass fishing, haven't in years, but seem to still have that reaction to a bite.
They don't need a hook set.

Kawliga

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at Eufala last weekend. Fished off of a dock that was just off Highway 9 a bit (not familiar with the area). We caught quite a few crappie including one over 2 lbs on minnows. We were fishing about a foot off the bottom with slip corks or just tight lines. It was probably 10 to 15 foot. Another guy we know there said his group caught several limits at about 9-10 foot a couple of days before.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I've been crappie fishing with several women, and it seems they will humble you when it comes to detecting the light bite of a crappie.
I'm in the, roll the boat over with the hook set mentality as I used to do the tournament bass fishing, haven't in years, but seem to still have that reaction to a bite.

its funny cause my dad went with her one day and he caught 2 and she had 32!!! thats funny, he gets ragged pretty hard from us kids

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Are you trying to rip their lips off?

Thats what a friend ask me the first time I went crappie fishing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom