Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know there was a huge fish kill at Salt Plains lake during the drought years when it got so low. Used to be lots of sand bass in the lake before that. The feds that ran the refuge were putting in artificial spawning beds for them in the Salt Fork and Sand Creek.
I know a guy at the Byron fish hatchery. I wonder if I could cut out the “middle man” and just go fish there...:scratch::rollingla

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to a local lake today in the kayak. Didn’t catch a lot but it was a good day until having to paddle a mile against the wind to get back.
0f0b39dcd26303b16401c71c03b84691.jpg

e54ebb924fb9489af9cc2efa114101a7.jpg

43cddf880ac800e0e2daf67e213f4de8.jpg

dennis what was you using for that mixed bag??

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
dennis what was you using for that mixed bag??

It was a silicone white skirted 1/8 oz single blade spinnerbait. It retrieves real slow without going deep and some rod tip action to make the skirt flare.
Lots of big bait big fish stories going around, but I like the little bait catch everything method.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did alright on the 3wt fly rod yesterday afternoon:

qb0yN88l.jpg

64C2zVWl.jpg

1jr4dmgl.jpg

Still haven't nailed down the hyrids on Hefner or Overholser this spring/summer. Been meaning to hit the Arcadia and Canton dams at some point.
Nice catch on the 3wt! Haven't caught a fish with my new one yet. Took the 5wt the other day when targeting the beds. Thought I might get into a good bass but only bluegill.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On Outdoor Oklahoma last Sunday they showed "tenkara fishing" which is basically fly fishing without a reel. I think they said it comes from Japan. Looks interesting for pan fishing think I'll give it a try this year.

Last edited:

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice catch on the 3wt! Haven't caught a fish with my new one yet. Took the 5wt the other day when targeting the beds. Thought I might get into a good bass but only bluegill.

Yea! Not a bad day. I hope to get on the Arkansas in Tulsa tomorrow but it looks like they are discharging a bunch of water and might blow it out. There be some nice stripers and hybrids lurking in there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea! Not a bad day. I hope to get on the Arkansas in Tulsa tomorrow but it looks like they are discharging a bunch of water and might blow it out. There be some nice stripers and hybrids lurking in there.
They are discharging a crap ton of water from Kaw just upriver from Tulsa because of the heavy rains in Ks. Better to go an 8wt in that current. LOL.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Loomis ShortStix 8/9 and a 300gr sink tip for just that kind of party!

We're part of the Tesla party so my fishing time may already be spoken for

Latest posts

Top Bottom