Flame / Heat Resistant Clothing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This stuff blows.
Can anyone here follow the money on this crap so I'll know which politocos are getting rich at my expense?
Every place you look in the patch the workers are having to wear it. Did OSHA put the big one to any other industries? (real question)
I keep hearing rumours of heat related problems because of this stuff. I do know one of my rig's men got pretty sick because of the heat while we were moving the rig. This kid is young (less than 30) and a Marine, so I figure he is in pretty decent shape. It's also darned expensive.
I know , waa, waa, waa you're lucky just to have a job.
I guess we will get used to it just like we do everything else the feds shove up our rears.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It does suck. I work in a refinery and we have had that crap for around 20 years. It's too hot in the summer and the wind blows through it in the winter. It is only good in a flash fire. I don't work in the operating units anymore so I don't have to wear it. Send me a PM ,maybe I have some old stuff you can wear.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, do to NFPA70E and OSHA, I have to wear flame retardant clothing at work. It's not too bad in the winter, I don't mind. In the summer though, it's a cooker. This stuff doesn't breathe at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom