Flashlight advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perusing the flashlight forums makes my head hurt. There are so many new players in the market, and so many options. I'd like your recommendation for a flashlight that has the following features: high lumens (not just on turbo mode), long run time, preferably takes common batteries, is not the size of a football, is weather resistant, highly reliable, and won't break the bank. Go!

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You'll find what you're looking for if you look at the Phoenix line of lights. For me, they're hard to beat. Quality torches for a great price.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had several Fenix lights fail on me due to overheating. I'm probably going to go a different route this time

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got several of the Fenix lights and haven't had any issues, one I still EDC. I also have a Nitecore P12 and it's been great too. Lots of good brands out there that are way cheaper than Surefire.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a die hard Surefire guy, but I do own a few Chinese torches as well.

Are you wanting pocket size?
Single output or double? Triple? Do you need/want a strobe feature?

You said common batteries. Are you talking AA? AAA? You will never get big lumens with AA like you will with CR123. Plus, the CR123 won't go dead in your torch when it sits in a drawer for a couple of months.

Like I said, I'm a Surefire guy, but I also dig the Nitecore P12 and the Olight T20. The Nitecore is stupid bright and the one I reach for when out in the woods at night.

The Olight T20 is my off-duty/EDC/concealed carry light and my Surefire G2X LE is my on-duty torch.

And yeah...I'm with you on the light forums. I haven't visited them in a long time. Too many idiots on there trying to make basically a hand held nuclear reactor frankenlight.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Top Bottom